PDA

View Full Version : Nooo - Hay bales?

beckiboo186
07-05-2006, 01:48 PM
Does anyone else have trouble getting hay (in bales) between now and October? The farm i go to today said thats the last she can sell, are all farms the same? Or could somewhere else nr me still sell it? :? xx

raven_guest
07-05-2006, 01:49 PM
I don't have any problems, but I do getting wood shavings!

colliewoman
07-05-2006, 02:08 PM
where are you becki?

the reason is that hay is made around midsummer so by now farmers will have worked out how much they have left, and how much they need to see there animals through till the next lot of hay has been stored.
if you are anywhere near me, than yes i know where you can get some! they always have it! if you get really stuck, find a local riding school and grovel to them, i can guarantee that thay will have hay around :D

beckiboo186
07-05-2006, 02:33 PM
where are you becki?

the reason is that hay is made around midsummer so by now farmers will have worked out how much they have left, and how much they need to see there animals through till the next lot of hay has been stored.
if you are anywhere near me, than yes i know where you can get some! they always have it! if you get really stuck, find a local riding school and grovel to them, i can guarantee that thay will have hay around :D

Thanks, Im actually in Derbyshire. But there is a riding school :? xx

colliewoman
07-05-2006, 02:36 PM
hmm i guess you cant come and pick up a bale from me then :lol:
do try the riding school, if they cant let you buy a bale or two from them, they surely must know of where you can buy some!

Squishy
07-05-2006, 02:37 PM
I only used to have troubles over wwinter

bluebunny
07-05-2006, 03:18 PM
I have been getting mine from work
they have three horses there,the last bale is lovely its all green with lots of wild flowers etc

missblondebunny
07-05-2006, 04:10 PM
ive had no problems and i get mine from a farm shop, i dont thinki had any problems last year either

ELVIS
08-05-2006, 06:58 AM
ive been looking for some bales in the staffs/derbys area. let me know what you get! my last lot i bought through the saddlery and it was a bit ****. i want better stuff next time. what is haylage btw? might start a thread about that...........