• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Argh! The fur! The fur!

Jeremy

Wise Old Thumper
It seems all our buns have hit their moult at the same time. Fur is everywhere! All over my clothes, all over the sofa, and bizarrely it seems, all over my tongue! :shock: :shock: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Have you tried grooming them with a damp flannel?

Or you could always use your tongue :shock: :? :lol: :lol: :lol:

loopylop said:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:shock: :shock: :shock: :lol:

I just tried to hoover my room and I swear more fur got blown around my room than sucked up by the hoover! :shock:

Tell me about it. It floats everywhere.

I now only have 2 indoors as Lavender and Oxo have moved back into Rabsville, but the bedroom where Pippin and Blossom are living is fur city :shock:

Rabswood

sparklefairy said:
I just tried to hoover my room and I swear more fur got blown around my room than sucked up by the hoover! :shock:

i know this feeling too well :lol:

i also find i only have to touch tobey and then suddenly its snowing fur all around me!

Ted and Bert are moulting too!

Its everywhere!!

I keep thinking that i'm going to come down in the morning to two baldy bunnies :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have a fab solution - vacuum the buns. :D Honestly, I mean it, thats what we do. :lol:

I get the tube bit and put the brush attachment on the end - O/H sits with bun on his lap fussing him, stroking him and gently plucking the loose bits of fluff which I rub the vacuum/brush over him (the bunny not Steve). Charlie actually seems to like it, his fur goes all cold cos of the air being sucked through it and he just lies there without any fuss.

Go on, I dare you, have a go - there'll be no more furry tongues or eyeballs :shock: .

BevBunny said:
I have a fab solution - vacuum the buns. :D Honestly, I mean it, thats what we do. :lol:

I get the tube bit and put the brush attachment on the end - O/H sits with bun on his lap fussing him, stroking him and gently plucking the loose bits of fluff which I rub the vacuum/brush over him (the bunny not Steve). Charlie actually seems to like it, his fur goes all cold cos of the air being sucked through it and he just lies there without any fuss.

Go on, I dare you, have a go - there'll be no more furry tongues or eyeballs :shock: .

:lol: I used to hoover Bilbo, my bridge bunny and he just used to sit there and let me :shock: I hoover around Storm because he refuses to move, then I get a big Storm shaped patch of messy carpet :lol: Gypsy is terrified on the hoover though, so I can imagine her horror if I even try to point the hoover in her direction! :?

loopylop said:

rngpwelfare said:
Stop licking them then Jeremy :shock: :roll:

LOL! :lol:
I swear that sometimes it feels like I am! :lol:

Yeah, might try the damp cloth Laura. Good call. :thumb:

The problem is when I am absent mindedly stroking Elroy on my lap, and then I look down to find myself COVERED in fur, and it floating everywhere like others have said :lol:.

Don't think Elroy would take kindly to being vacuumed tho :shock: :?

Jack is so snuggly and soft I can't help but get fur stuck in my nose, mouth and eyes when I rub his face with my nose - I'd stop but we both love it!! It's worth the fur!!

I'd give the vac idea a go if I didn't have one bunny who is terrified of the vac and another new rescue bunny who is still terrified of everything!! The damp flannel may work on Jack though!

Back