• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Horseys!!

Angie65

Wise Old Thumper
This is Danny - the love of my life. I got given him when I was 21 & he was 8. He's 17 now. He's an ex racehorse & he's gorgeous!
Img47B5041D.jpg

Img6C0A00F0.jpg

This is Solares (Solly), who I have known since I was 17. He ran (& conmpleted) the 1990 Grand National. He's about 26 now :shock:
Img7E270488.jpg

This is Masnoon (Mazzy) - he's an ex racehorse too, & lives with Solly. I look after them both :D He's about 22.
Img14403B8.jpg

Img55D00872.jpg

These 2 pics are Murphy - he's a racehorse that lives with Danny. He's about 6, & has lived with us for 2 years. He is the friendliest horse ever -which is a big thing, as he wasn't handled until he was about 4, & was terrified of EVERYTHING when he came to the yard. He loves chin rubs :D
Img6A29003F.jpg

Img19D7030C.jpg

& Flint: Cos he's cute :D
Rabbits009.jpg

They are lovely. I think horses are gorgeous animals (even tho I am a bit scared of them to be honest!) :lol:

You are so lucky to share your life with horses. I can only dream that someday I will have at least one :D They are the most wonderful animals aren't they?

xx

ahhh, I think like most little girls I always wanted a horse..never did though. When I was 5 I had the most horsey wallpaper you have ever seen, it was fab :D

what lovely horses and a good looking bun :lol:

so glad your still keeping your old boys, when i was younger and in pony club, the other kids changed there horses like they changed there jumpers a new one every year. my wonderful dad got me a lovely horse called Amber he was a hanavarian cross and i had him all his life. it was the worst day of my life when i had to have him pts. we had such fun and won masses of stuff.

i went on and did bhs exams like we all do :lol: ended up with BHSII .

and havent riden or owned a horse for over 20 years what a waste, it cost my dad loads to put me threw it all.

ahhh well i still have my dogs and bunnies. :lol:

Charliesangel said:
You are so lucky to share your life with horses. I can only dream that someday I will have at least one :D They are the most wonderful animals aren't they?

xx

I was always the annoying kid who hung around her rich horsey friends when I was young. All the horses/ponies I've ever owned I've been given - they were all cast-offs!!! :lol: Mostly they've been really old!!! :lol:

I only get to ride at weekends in winter, & only a bit more in summer, so it works for me that they are all in retirement!!! :D

My oldest ever was 34 when I started looking after him - he had a bad back so couldn't be ridden. He was 42 when he died. I think the oldest ever is 64? Which obviously Dan is going to beat :D

they are beautiful glad they are happily retired and healthy what were their racing names? what was the racing name of the grand national horse 1990? where did he come

lisa

17 isn't old for a horse at all any more, just think of Mon Santa and Janette Brakewell's horse (I think it's her, but I can't think of it's name) they carried on competing at top level until 19 or so!!!

I'd love my own horse as well, but I'll have to surfice with just riding once a week. :D

wow theyre beautiful, what did you do with them, i mean did you do any competing or hack or were they not ridable. im hoping to get and ex racer to event with, nothing amazing, just local unaffiliated stuff. we have one ex racer, she is a lovely mare, but when you take her out for a gallop she really does go. im more used to my little welsh sec b pony. i love my horses and hopefully when i can afford a place i can have a couple with me, my 2 i have now, an eventer and a fresian. oh and i need a welsh sec d with nebo lines too.

Back