• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Free ad bunnies

the person with 12 is only 20 miles from me :(
i'm trying to figure out if i can arrange a bit of space, but i dont think i can :( :( the spare hutches are only 3 foot :(

shall i give them a ring and find out the situation? what shall i say? i dont want to come over badly but i dont want the buns to end up as snake feed either.

That's why I never look at the location of these things! I'd end up with bunnies coming out of my ears! I ahve spare hutches at the moment too! It's very dangerous. But thank god I live with my parents, they have banned any more animals :(

raven_guest said:
That's why I never look at the location of these things! I'd end up with bunnies coming out of my ears! I ahve spare hutches at the moment too! It's very dangerous. But thank god I live with my parents, they have banned any more animals :(

don't they mind you breeding them then?

oh poo!
i rang the lady and she has homed all but 4 of them, but has enquiries for them also. she has enough hutch space so is not desperate, and she wants to neuter the boy so they can all run together. the boy is being kept seperate.
but she said her sister in law has four adults that she wants to rehome :? .
i told her i could possibly help, or at least find someone who could help if she didnt mind me asking on the web, and to get her to ring me if she needed.
i got a call 10 mins after hanging up on the first lady :shock: :shock:
she has four buns, that look like wild buns, all in seperate hutches. she has asthma and would like to rehome them asap.
the hutches X4 and the runs X2 can go with them. they are not neutered or vaxed but have been kept seperate so (hopefully) none are pregnant.
i said i would see if i could re arrange things here, and if i could i would take them temporarily and would get back to her by next week end. she can transport the buns to me as i dont drive.
me and my big mouth eh?
does anyone know of any rescues near yeovil that may be able to help out. the buns can come here if it gets desperate, but my OH is going to kill me :lol: :lol:
any ideas are most welcome!

They don't mind me breeding and we go on the basis that if they can't be rehomed I keep them and if someone can't look after one of the buns I've rehomed, I'll take it back instead of having it dumped on a centre. But as long as I don't bring new animals home, it's ok. (Though I have rescued a few and they didn't mind)

as sad as these free ad buns are most rescues are full at the moment and cannot continue to take in large numbers of animals wihtout donations :( I'm sure I'm not alone in saying if anyone takes some of these poor buns in and wants a rescue to take them later could they try to do a bit of fundraising for whichever rescue takes them....it will really help and then we can continue to take in these rabbits that may be at risk..
I have taken them before....Piper, Melody,Jake, Lucky,Drum etc and will do so again. but I really appreciated the money Angie managed to get towards Jake's care....hope this doesn't sound bad it may just help more rescues to consider taking some

i will gladly do some fundraising to help these buns, and will ask the lady if she is able to send a donation with them. i dont know if these buns are at risk as such but when i asked her how desperate she was, she said it is quite desperate :?
i'm going to see if i can find someone to give me a lift over there so i can at least take some photo's and have a look at them.
i know it is a difficult question to answer, but what would you consider to be a sufficient donation for a rescue taking on four rabbits (i will asume for the moment that they are healthy with regards to teeth etc), just so i can try and set myself a target on what to try and raise?
many thanks!

I was going to give half my guinea pigs to a rescue when I rescued them from the small ads - the transport run was arranged to Rugby, all agreed, but then there was a new story on the forum about some terribly mistreated piggies/rabbits, really in danger - and I felt so guilty taking up rescue space with 'my' piggies - so I ended up keeping them all! Be warned - once they are safe with you they are safe, and if you move them on you will be taking up rescue places that rabbits in real danger will need - it's a toughie :(

i agree elve it is a horrible thought to take space away from animals in dire need, but the trouble is i dont have space to keep them all as they should be kept :(
i really dont know what to do :(

I don't keep my guinea pigs as spaciously as they would be in seperate homes though - I can't! They don't get as much time and attention from me either - so I do sometimes wonder if I should rehome them...But then I think well, it's a ton better than what they had before! I can't be doing that bad as they seem happy and healthy, but it is hard if you measure yourself up against a 'perfect' home. The thing you have to realise is that some animals are lucky to have an imperfect home like mine - If these rabbits you are thinking of taking on are agouti coloured then they will be hard to rehome unfortunately - Benny and Pepsi were in rescue a year till I took pity on them. I'm sure these free ad bunnies would be grateful for safety, good food and care - never mind if they can't have 4 hours a day free ranging, or whatever perfect homes do. The main thing to consider is can you afford to keep them? I am very stretched with my piglets, so don't even consider rescuing any more animals now - I would go under! You need to know your limits and be firm with your kind heart sometimes :(

i must admit that money is my biggest concern. i can afford food and bedding and all that, but if i was to have a big vet bill..... i would then have a very difficult decision to make :(
i ensure i am able to cover the unexpected for 'my' animals. i have insured the dogs and cats, and have a credit card for the buns if i need it. but to take on any others perminantly would leave me taking a gamble :?
i think it is probably best for me to stay in contact with the lady, and help her rehome her rabbits from there.

Back