• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Finding a rabbit match.

Spacegirl

Mama Doe
Coffee will be arriving with us soon (yay!) and I was hoping to try and bond Sven with herr. But, as it turns oiut, Sven unfortunately doesn't seem to want a mate so I am on the look out again.
I am really not bothered about breed and so on - just want a neutered male - but I was wondering what people's experiences were of bonding rabbits that were quite different in size (Coffee is quite large) and also if it makes any difference if their ages are not close? Or do you think that simillarity helps?

I have bonded lots of different sized bunnies together and also different ages, it may be worth approaching a rescue to get them to help you. Take Coffee with you and let him choose with a little help from you his new partner.

She did live with a much smaller rabbit previously (Muffin - who is now at the bridge :( ) and I don't believe there were any problems.

She just needs a man who does as he's told and doesn't mind her trashy habits - if he can deal with the food bowl flying at his head on a daily basis then he's her man :lol: :lol:

racheyrabbit said:
She just needs a man who does as he's told and doesn't mind her trashy habits - if he can deal with the food bowl flying at his head on a daily basis then he's her man :lol: :lol:
Ahh, don't we all!!

Back