• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Limescale in litter trays

bluebunny

Wise Old Thumper
Although i clean the litter trays everyday,there is limescale build up in them,what can i use to remove it?

Yep, I sit mine all in the bath, poor vinegar into each, prop one corner of each tray up so it collects more in a corner, leave it for 10 mins or so, go back and prop a different corner up...etc...etc. Blast them with the shower - nice clean litter trays. :D

I use a combination of vinegar and one of those green scouring pad thingys as I don't have the patience to wait ten minutes.
My bunnies also seem to be attracted by the smell of the vinegar so it's better for me to get it done quick before they come over and start trying to lick it.

hi

I use white vinegar not sure of the difference but was told this is the best and it is :D :D

Maureen

Pickling vinegar has a higher acid level so is more effective...very cheap..you will just find you fancy chips every time you clean out the buns! :lol:

I put malt vinegar in a spray bottle and dilute about half and half with water - just spray and go!! :lol:

Back