• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Getting frustrated

sgprescue

Mama Doe
Its thats time of year again which I love and hate for many reasons. I am rehoming quite a few bunnies and pigs at the moment, have several reserved but lots waiting to come in. What i do get annoyed about though is the number of people phoning wanting to come and look at them there and then :evil: Some people fail to see that this is my home, I am the only person feeding and cleaning the rabbits and pigs and dont have all the time in the world to give them the "grand tour". I get quite a few people phone up who just want to come round and see the animals (no intention of adopting), now that frustrates me even more as this isnt a petting zoo and quite simply I dont have the time for it :roll: Because of the problems we have had with the council and neighbours we only have up to 2 people a day to come round, try explaining that to someone who wants to come straight away and you have a full diary for the next few days :evil: I even had someone turn up on the doorstep a little while ago wanting to look at female guinea pigs. I told her to come back another time when she makes an appointment. Surely this cant seem too unreasonable? In my book the animals come first and I do have some sort of life to lead :roll:

I totally agree. But do these people know that this is your home??

And I dont think it is unreasonable at all considering what you do to take care of these animals, and of course they come first!!

xxx

/

People can be so thoughtless..why not put a sign on your Door..by appointment only..you'll sound quite regal then! :lol:

Thing is if people want a rabbit there and then and you have told them to come back, and they dont then in my eyes they didn;t really want a rabbit in the first place. But on the other hand if they come a few times to visit then you know that they really want a rabbit.

Well thats in my experience anyway.

I would agree- if need to see right there and then- more likely to be an impulse thing as opposed to thinking it all through and planning. I bought on impulse- not realising cost and time of care- but like to think I caught up- mostly from use of this site. I think you should put up a sign- and maybe even have an answer machine- stating by appointment only or something like that. Hope all goes well with the rehomes.

I'll be honest and admit that I didn't realise most rescues were run from peoples homes until I joined the forum.
I really didn't know how they worked at all!

Could you perhaps write a little 'about me' section saying that you run your rescue from home so people might pay some respect? :?

I can't say I know how you feel but I can imagine how annoying it must be :twisted:

People keep phoning and asking if I am open :roll: It really surprises them when I say they need to make an appointment :? And when I only give appointments when I have an animal that matches the home they can offer. It would be nice to have the time to let everyone see around, but there is just too much to do :?

If people are serious about adopting a rabbit then surely they will be prepared to wait to come and see one one at an appointed time. I think people don't understand how most rescue's are run.

i agree that people who are serious about rehome will be more than happy to make an appointment but other people who were considering it may decide its not worth the hassel and that they will simply buy one from a pet shop because its easier :?
tricky...

It's a sad fact that they can't be bothered to wait and will just go to a petshop, but they should be considerate of the fact that it's your home!

Back