• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding going better now! With question.

Spacegirl

Mama Doe
Well, Humpty and Pepper seem to really like each other now. There is a lot of this. .
IMGP2865.jpg

Two questions thoguh. .
1) All the grooming is one sided! Pepper comes hopping up to Humpty puts ger head on the floor and then he licks her ears. I have never seen iit the other way around! Is this typical? Or is she just lazy?
:lol:
2) They have been bonding in the kitchen. They've been in there for 3 days and 2 nights and I'm afraid to put them back in the living room because every time before that they've gone back in there, they have ended up fighting. How long do you suppose I should keep the, in the kitchen for? They are having their first lot of vaxs on Monday so I was thinking a journey there and back in a carrier together might seal the bond nicely, then I would move them back afterwards. Dunno?

1) Yep that's fairly normal :lol: The dominant bun usually demands to be groomed, the submissive one grooms him/her. It does happen the other way round too (if the dominant bun decides that s/he wants to groom the other!) but one-way grooming is fairly normal!

2) It's so individual it's difficult to tell - have you thoroughly cleaned the lounge and removed any trace of the original territory from whoever was there first (if one of them was there first). Trying after they have been to the vets together sounds like a good idea. Some bunnies do feel the need to re-establish dominance in new territory so you may get a little scrapping at first in the lounge anyway. If they've been constantly together for 3 days now, as long as the lounge has been made neutral, I'd be surprised if they did that by Monday, though.

Today I have seen Pepper groom Humpty twice :love: so nice to know theres equal oppurtunities :lol: They have also been playing more and more, running round chasing each other and doing silly jumps. And they usually lie down together and when I come in to stroke them they put their head s onto of one anothers!
It's hard to imagine when they are fighting at the start that things will go this well. It;s really lovely to see!

Back