• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

looking for old bun ...

bunnymadhouse

Wise Old Thumper
just like to say this is an idea only for now ... but ..

im thinking of looking for an oldie girlie to comfort Grumpy thumper dumps in his old age . As he is 8 now i would be looking for a bun at least 6 to 7 yrs old . She would have to be spayed and a very calm bunny as i dont want to stress poor thumper due to his past probs . this might seem a strange idea since i foster and rehome buns myself but we have had nothing in along thoses lines at all in the last 2 yrs . It would have to be a bun of the right temperement , thumprer is a bit of a wuss where other buns are concerned but she would be loved to the end of her days . Not even bothered what shes like with humans , not scared of biters as long as shes good for my boy :wink:

looked on the rehome site and nothing there :cry:
cant realy travel too far as i dont drive and my OH is reluctant to go a great distance .

Any one out there got any possible matches .?
Angie

Angie I do have a 6 yearold called Patch..very placid likes a fuss..but do have to keep an eye on her rear end..aslong as she's kept on SS and SMALL amount of veg she's fine.....she speyed and litter tray trained :D
Patch.jpg

have had someone enquire about her but it's not definate....

I don't think Kirkby pet welfare is a huge distance from you- its in nottinghamshire.

There's Lucille from this trio:
http://www.rabbitrehome.org.uk/moreinfo.asp?RabID=5121

The only reason she is listed as for fostering is because she is older so no one really wants her and because she is with the other two- she has no health problems. Celia would allow Lucille to go on her own as the other two would have each other and would also be happy for someone to adopt her permantly! She is very sweet tempered and calm.
There are also lots of other bunns

x

jill ive pm d you . :wink:

lucille is lovely :D but would hate to split a group .

phoebe is georgeous and i would def take her if she was nearer . more near thumpers age than the others . :)

Bare in mind that RR only has a small select of the available bunnies, a lot of rescues don't put all of the rabbits on. It wouldn't surprise me if several have older rabbits that they'd be happy to rehome if the right person came along but don't advertise because there is very little interest :(

Is Thumper neutered? Even the old boys can be a little energetic when there's a female around ;)

Tamsin ,
yes Thumper is neutered .

ive thought of nothing else since this thought popped in my head :shock: :?

want to do the best for Thumper but so scared of stressing him out and causing his ear abssesses to flare up again . dont like to see him sat alone but dont want to force a pairing on him if hes happy as he is . He never runs round and doesnt binky :cry: aqlthough this may just be that hes a lazy old bun and not that hes unhappy .

Mrs Thumper would have to be a vey understanding lady who wouldnt pester him and disturb his peace . :wink:

He has been paired before . his first love died a few year back . they were very close.
his second marriage was a bit stormy and they divoced in the end as she was picking on him and making him miserable . Hes been a loner since .

cant believe out of nearly 100 buns weve rehomed weve had nothing suitable for him :shock:

patch is lovely but im wondering if she might be a little young for him . (hes a very lazy , easily cowed old man) her mucky bum wouldnt bother me im used to them

Phoebe is lovely and more his age . i might find out a bit more about her .

to be honest i dont care what mrs Thumper wopuld look like as long as she could make my old boy happy .

CANT BELIEVE im looking for him a friend when at christmas he was so ill i almost made the dread decision to have him pts.

LOUISE AND ANGIE
Thanks for the offer of help with a bun run .
cant do anything yet though as we go away in a couple of weeks so will have to wait till we get back .

(am also working on OH on this distance thing :roll: :wink: )

As said in pm There is someone who maybe taking Patch next weekend..but if not do keep her in mind..she is very placid and just likes to lay around and have a nice cuddle now and then :D

I'll my my ears open for you :D Spayed is a little harder as it wasn't so common 8-10 years ago... it's amazing how fast thing change :)

Back