• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

urgent guinea help needed!

bizzy_vicki

Mama Doe
the RSPCA have called my practice tonight to say they need help housing 90 (thats right 90 :shock: ) guinea pigs. various ages, sizes and sexes, most females likely pregnant. newcastle only have room for 6! how sad is that :(
i have already given numbers out for other local newcastle rescue centres that may help but they are desperate, and ive offered to foster some if there is no other way.
if you are a rescue or know of a rescue who may be willing to help please pm me contact details if you would not mind me passing them on?!

OMG 90?? i can take a large group here as fosters, say between 4-6 if thats any help? but im in liverpool with no transport :?
do they have hutches with them??

Not sure if ARC can help?
Could you PM Janice/Donna?
I could take up to 8 females as fosters if a Piggie run could be arranged.

Janex

OMG! :shock: :shock: thats a lot of pigs to be relocated.

I wish I could help but have my hands full with my lot. My be able to help with a pigge run from Midlands to further up North if that helps. !

thats actually a rehoming rspca centre isnt it? they are being shipped out to various branches through out the uk anyway so i would imagine some will be going there anyway.
i dont think runs will be an issue, the rspca have a network to move them from area to area.

I would help but I still have 28 from the group of 44 the RSPCA brought me a month ago, plus 9 babies born this week :? And there are still two more heavily pregnant sows and others who still may be pregnant :?

if any can get down this way, i have 3 empty hutches, only 3 foot ones, but i guess better than nothing, and i wil have an empty 4 foot crate after the 12th. i will gladly look after some if you think my accomodation is ok temporarily. they are not fab hutches, but if you think they will do whilst something else is sorted out, i will gladly help out.
i have never had a piggy before, so if you want me to help, i will go and read up and find out what i need to do!

bizzy_vicki said:
im not sure they would come with anything to live in to tell you the truth...

I have 1 indoor cage so i could take 2, for now if thats any help?

id love to be able to take some more but its finding the hutches for them :?

i think any help at all will be fine by them, weither thats taking 2 or 42!
thank you all for your offers, im going to pass on your details to the inspector tommorrow. thanks again!

i will deffinately be able to take 2 then for now
if i can get some hutches sorted in the meantime i may be able to take more soon :)

I can take up to 24 if that is of any help to you. I have plenty of hutches, runs for them.

Janice

Just in case it helps at all (re Janice's offer of taking 24) we are RSPCA approved and the local branches use us to take animals from them all the time.

Back