• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My new foster hutch

AlisonA

Warren Veteran
Just thought I'd share a couple of pics of my new foster bun hutch with you all, I got it from www.happyhutch.co.uk and I'm really pleased with the overall quality! My only criticism is that the roofing felt seems quite thin (maybe that's just because I'm used to sheds and that's very tough) so I'm not convinced that the roof will last too many years :?

I decided to buy a nice big 6*2*2 hutch that I can have foster buns in and use as emergency accommodation, as I can keep it above the floor so the occupant needn't cause any upset to the resident buns. It's not big enough for permanent long term use as it doesn't have a run attached, but it's bigger than what most buns coming into rescue are used to!!

Here is the current occupant Rory (available for adoption :wink: ), modelling the newly constructed accommodation:

77edf5c2.jpg

d60a31fd.jpg

That looks fab! :D I bet any new occupants (and Rory) really appreciate it!

Well done!!

AMETHYST

As we were putting it together, my hubby said "this looks like it cost in the vicinity of three figures" I just sort of shuffled and coughed but he didn't say anything else so I think it's fair to say he's resigned to the fact that there is now going to be a trail of foster buns :lol: :lol:

I like the double doors on that - Maa and Benny have happyhutch hutch over run, and they were a nightmare to build, but I like them now the nightmare has faded somewhat :roll:

Well if it was in the 3 figures, you HAVE to have more foster bunnies to make it worth the money! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Looks fab :thumb:

Your foster buns won't want to leave :D

Don't worry Jill, bolts are done! I took that photo as soon as I'd put him in and the bolts followed shortly afterwards :lol: Fortunately there's not been any further indications of fox presence, but you just never know if or when it's going to reappear :?

Knew you would have thought of that :lol: ..but thought I'd point it out anyway!!! :lol:
glad Mr Fox hasn't returned....

Thanks I'm glad you did, it can be so easy to overlook the obvious sometimes so reminders are always useful :D

I'm getting quite fond of little Rory, he is just coming round to the idea that I'm not all that bad really, and he usually gets something to eat when I appear :lol:

AlisonA said:
Thanks I'm glad you did, it can be so easy to overlook the obvious sometimes so reminders are always useful :D

I'm getting quite fond of little Rory, he is just coming round to the idea that I'm not all that bad really, and he usually gets something to eat when I appear :lol:

Oooo be careful this is how you end up with 12 buns..ask Angie65! :lol:

:lol: Must...remain...focussed...I'm pinning my hat on the fact that I can't give a foster bun the same quality of life as my permanent ones, as to do that would mean that my permanent buns would have less freedom and I think would be less happy. So I'm happy for buns to have a 6ft hutch and some exercise time as a temporary thing, but not long term. I *think* I can keep focussed on that if I keep my own bunnies firmly at the front of my mind!

/

AlisonA said:
:lol: Must...remain...focussed...I'm pinning my hat on the fact that I can't give a foster bun the same quality of life as my permanent ones, as to do that would mean that my permanent buns would have less freedom and I think would be less happy. So I'm happy for buns to have a 6ft hutch and some exercise time as a temporary thing, but not long term. I *think* I can keep focussed on that if I keep my own bunnies firmly at the front of my mind!
we'll all watch this space and you better hope someone comes along to offer him a home soon or I can see you ordering another "foster" hutch :lol:
Have you had any interest yet?

:lol: No interest yet, I'll try and get a better picture of him soon, but he is still quite shy so I don't want to freak him out by shoving a camera in his face. Maybe if I disguise it in carrot tops he won't notice :lol:

Back