• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Looooong courtship?

elve

Banned
As you may know I 'don't do bonding' - cowardly :oops: But Maa and Benny's hutches are at right angles to each other, and over the months Benny seems to have got used to Maa preening herself outside his hutch when she's out (little flirt :lol: ) He started off furious, then moved to annoyed, then ignoring her, and now he looks totally comfortable with her a few inches away from him (safely behind 2 layers of bars - think Hannibal Lecter :shock: )

So today I plucked up courage to remove one layer of bars - and he licked her nose through the wire :D no teeth :D

Ah well, maybe they'll get there one day? If mummy can figure out what to do :oops:

Sounds promising! I think next would be a meeting on neutral ground (if your nerves can take it!), or perhaps switching hutches to get them used to each other's scents? I imagine Maa would rely more on scents than other buns because of her blind side too so might be worth getting her used to Benny's before introducing them incase he approaches without her seeing him and scares the life out of her!

sounds very cute and very promising too...
good luck if you do decide to 'hutch swop'

(i almost typed 'wife swop' there!...lol :lol: )

That is brilliant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

get them on neautral ground and i reckon they will be just fine - give it a go, dont be scared!!

Back