• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

WOOHOO! I got my hutch

Kay

Mama Doe
Hi all, at last I got my hutch. It looks much bigger than I remember but that can only be a good thing!

Last night my hubby, son and I spent 4 hours woodstaining the outside a dark forest green. It is of course pet and bunny safe stain :) Can't believe how excited I am over a wooden box! lol It looks really good in dark green. We stained the inside with another rabbit safe stain in Autumn Gold its much lighter than the green, so not gloomy inside.

It came with the normal plastic door fastners but I am changing them to little decorative bolts. I find those plastic thingys get loose really easily.

So all there is left to do is put two more coats of stain on, build the hutch (care of the other half), Rabbit proof the vegetable patch and find 2 lovely rescued buns in need of a loving forever home.

They will be spoilt rotten! I have moved the patio furniture and pots round around so the hutch can go in the best place. The buns will get the gentle morning sun and when the hot midday sun comes they will be totally shaded by the house with access to my lovely cold kitchen floor.

Sorry I am rambling now but I am excited! :D

aww - sounds perfik :D I was looking at my hutches today thinking 'how on earth am I going to paint those with the bunnies in?' :shock: Maybe they'll have a day trip to my kitchen - They are all roasting on my south facing pation too - nowhere else to site them, so I hope the elaborate duvet cover shades will keep them comfy. Sounds like you've thought of everything :)

Back