• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

This is cruel! pictures added

inka dinka doo

Alpha Buck
Today my friend rang me to say that a week ago she bought her 5 year old son a pet rabbit a sweet grey little doe called mopsy, mopsy cant be any older than 10 weeks she is under weight, but that was not the reason she called!!!!! :shock: apparently her son thought the bunny was like a soft toy and was picking her put by her ears or by her feet!!!! i cried just listening to what she said! well i was not standing for it so i marched over to her house and took little mopsy away! her cage was smelly she has no food and her water was in a bowl that was full of other things and the water was brown! mopsy has been to my vet this afternoon she is slightly dehydrated and is underweight but fine her ears and feet are all ok but i now have a new member to my bunny clan i will get some photots asap, i didnt take the cage as it looked rotten!
Do you guys think i did right to do this?

here is couple of pics of mopsy she has huge ears!!! anyone hazzard a guess at her breed?
bunnys006.jpg

c45bec43.jpg

she seems to like the camera! james (the o/h) mowed the lawn tonight and she had some fresh grass she seems to be settled eating quite a bit jack is a tad miffed as he has to share is junior/dwalf food with her :lol:

You absolutely did the right thing!! Good for you and SHAME ON THEM for letting their boy treat her like a plaything! :evil:

AMETHYST

im worried it might make her not want to be held and she might non bond well with the others as i want her to be part of my buns family unit she makes it six! although she is too small and has not been neutered yet she seems to look at the others very confused

ah thank you they only get a tiny bit as i only have a wee little bit to mow i tend to leav a small patch long so they can run about in it :lol:

awww she is lovely :love:
you deffinately did the right thing :thumb:

if i were you id go back and get the cage, just incase they are tempted to get another to put in it!

i did have a huge go at her i told her that she shouldnt buy any pet for her son until he is grown up and responsible to look after it and treat it like i should be treated, i might go back and get it and burn it its so old looking!

omg I DONT WANT TO WORRY YOU BUT THAT BUN LOOKS LIKE MY BLUEBERRY MUFFIN . HE WAS TINY WHEN WE GOT HIM WITH BIG EARS .. OK VERY BIG EARS ....NOW HE IS ALL HUGE ...HE HAS MOVED HUTCH 3 TIMES AND IS ABOUT TO MOVE AGAIN :shock: :shock: :?

YES i think you you did the right thing . give him a snuggle from me . :love:

bunnymadhouse said:
omg I DONT WANT TO WORRY YOU BUT THAT BUN LOOKS LIKE MY BLUEBERRY MUFFIN . HE WAS TINY WHEN WE GOT HIM WITH BIG EARS .. OK VERY BIG EARS ....NOW HE IS ALL HUGE ...HE HAS MOVED HUTCH 3 TIMES AND IS ABOUT TO MOVE AGAIN :shock: :shock: :?

Im sure you wont worry her . . . :shock: :lol: :shock: :lol: !!! You SOO did the right thing, Well done!! :D xx

omg will she get huge? a giant bunny? :shock: and i thought rupert was gonna be my biggest bun! (see pic)
[/IMG]http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c11/tanya-jane/Picture034.jpg[/IMG]

what breed was ur blueberry muffin? as i am puzzled to knwo what breed my moppy is

You did the right thing! She certainly has the look of a big rabbit :D the ears and she looks big for 10 weeks... maybe it's the camera angle?
Rupert is gorgeous!

Back