• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Fur everywhere!!!! HELP!!

Ryo_the_rat

Warren Scout
at the moment Stumpy is going through his moult. Gabriel, Timmy and Errol seem to be comming to the end of theirs but they are all lionheads and Gabriel in paticular is a fluffy monster!!!

they all live in the same room with quite a few other animals and fur is just getting absolutely everywhere. it seems to always be in the air and its getting to the point now that im finding it hard to breathe after being in that room for just 15 minutes! my Asthma hasnt bothered me since primary school!!!

please is there any advice, anything we can be doing to lower the amount of fur etc in the air? it is really bothering me :( i dont know how those of you with lots and lots of bunnies cope-so please pass on your secrets to the rest of us!! :p

Would an air purifyer work? I keep lions so know what you mean, plenty of grooming is the best way to stop the problem in the first place, but I'm not sure about vaccuum cleaners etc.

Dyson do a vacuum called "animal" speciallly for people with pets, but I'm not sure how much it would help. I would agree with the grooming. You could get one of those mits that you stroke the fur with and it sticks to the glove?

Spacegirl said:
Dyson do a vacuum called "animal" speciallly for people with pets, but I'm not sure how much it would help. I would agree with the grooming. You could get one of those mits that you stroke the fur with and it sticks to the glove?

We have the Dyson animal - best Christmas present we ever got!!! It works wonders as it's designed to be anti-allergy, and it makes your carpet lok like new.

Pricey though. Search on www.kelkoo.co.uk for the best price.

AMETHYST

How different is it from the normal Dyson? I've got a normal one from a few years ago.

SarahP said:
How different is it from the normal Dyson? I've got a normal one from a few years ago.

VERY different! My Mum has a normal Dyson that's around 5 years old and she's so jealous of mine lol!! Let's just say mine cut through about 4 months worth of Miffy fur under the sofa without any trouble at all! :D

AMETHYST

Yep I agree - we had a normal dyson beforehand, but I didn't actually realise what colour our bedroom carpet should have been, it had so much cat hair ground into it :oops: the Dyson animal rocks :D

I HAVE an animal dyson hoover!!!! :lol: it may work on getting the hairs off the carpet but as for the air-ive tried vacuming that and it doesnt work as well :lol:

ooh, do you know where i could get one of those mits from? the boys do get groomed but then i just end up with a big pile of fur LOL Timmy isnt too bad, Errol seems to get his hairs EVERYWHERE and he isnt even that fluffy!! and when i hold Gabe, well its like ive got a jumper on when i peel him off me :lol: Stumpy is usually absolutely fine as he has a short coat, but at the moment he seems to be the one causing the biggest problem!

please any other ideas or tips are most welcome!

I'm after a hoover that can sort out hay - our house is always full of trodden in hay!! :oops:

Back