• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding . . . attempt 2!

Spacegirl

Mama Doe
After a couple of days break I have Humpty and Pepper back together in the neutral ground of the kitchen. They've been in there for about 7 or 8 hours and there has been no agression whatsoever and even a fair few instances of ear and face licking! So it's going well and I don't want to break up the party. I'd like to leave them together from now on if possible but I'm worried what will happen if I move them back into their regular room tooo soon.
So. . .how long do you suppose I shoulld leave them in the kitchen before I move them back? It's a bit tricky having them in there so I'd like to get them back as soon as possible but don't want to upset the balance!

Ideally leave them overnight, and eat a takeaway or sandwich (worth it in the long run!) But if that's impossible, 8 hours is a good time to be together without fighting - Make as many changes to their regular room as you can - for example rearrange all the furniture, put a new rug down, damp dust with a floral disinfectant, and preferably redecorate too, but I doubt you have time this evening - hope they are best buddies in the morning still :)

Redecorate :shock: Well, I'll give it a good clean anyway :lol: Leaving them overnight shouldn't be a problem.

Back