• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny run help needed - Bracknell to West Yorkshire/Bradford

Rallybunny

Warren Veteran
Can anyone help get a new gentle girlie friend for 11 year old Clyde from Bracknell Rabbit Rescue, in Bracknell to the Bunny Camp Sanctuary in Bradford???

More details here.

I'm going from near Derby to Bradford on the 28th, I know it's a few weeks yet but the offer is there

animusuk said:
West of london I believe

oops. I thought it was near cheshire.

I can do bits from M1 J37ish to Bradford if needed.

I forget to look up posts though, so PM if I'm needed!

Angie you ask the same question EVERY time...'Where's so and so?. :roll: I can't understand how you don't know where anywher is, you didn't know where Lincolnshire was and it borders Yorks. I know where most places are, if not I look it up in a routemap book, on the internet etc. I had a friend once who when you went round his house, it was me who would have to find the way there, are you like that?

On your birthday list why not add an AA book, hey get a cheap one off ebay, or spend half an hour on the internet looking at your country and where places are! I don't know how you do it, I feel unsafe if I don't know where I am!

I'm not having a go Angie but you are driving me mad :shock: Every time someone needs help you post half a dozen times asking where so and so is, then when they reply you ask again. Hey you could be on Little Britain, the girl that says 'where's that' to every comment. It would be great! :)

Please no offence but being as you don't know why not learn, none of us were born with a geographical knowledge of Britain, we learned or look it up, it'll be fun you know, there's some mad place names, especially Dorset way (On the South Coast/where Bournemouth is/the seaside/the place on the mainland before you get to the Isle Of wight/a small island about 25 miles of Southampton/a big town, capital of Hampshire/an English county/England is a country/it's in europe/it's in the world/planet earth/not space...I'm off to kill myself... :cry:

:shock: I don't think it really called for a big rant..lots of people don't have a big interest in geography (like me!) and unless they tend to travel a lot, don't know where some places is. Bracknell isn't exactly a huge well-known town, and even I get confused which direction Berkshire is to me even though it's right next to me in Surrey :lol: so for someone not local to not know it isn't a huge deal.

Not a rant, though I can if you'd like a demonstration...

I don't like Geography at all but knowing the places in your country isn't really geography. I never remember doing 'The English Counties' in Geography, but it's just something you pick up surely? I guess that's another thing I need to learn about being on a forum, that you meet lots of people you wouldn't normally.

I just assume a certain level of knowledge and frankly encouraging someone to educate and inform themselves is a good thing in my book, again, assuming everyone values knowledge and basic education, I will try and learn myself that some people are happy the way they are and trying to better oneself isn't of interest to all. I was just trying to encourage, asking questions such as where is Scotland slows down an often urgent situation and more than once I have seen people suggest a map. It's quite irritating in truth, the post is about bunnies not where is London and people in need of help see that a post has been made and it's just a question that oughht to be found out outside of the forum.

By the way, I know where Bracknell is and I live miles away. I am agrophobic so don't travel but I do read newspapers, did go to school and University and do like to learn. Yep, I'd be useless in Newcastle but I know where it is nonetheless, though not weeny villages, I like to be part of the society in which we live, to know what makes up England and our nation.

Apologies if sounded like a rant, not meant to offend but I am just one of those people who struggles with 'baby questions' I suppose. I ask questions but none that (hopefully) make me look too much of a fool or are too annoying and distracting from the main issues. I was taught at a young age to look things up, dictionaries, maps etc. Another word is independance and not being entirely relinat on others, I need to accept some people aren't like me and I hold up my hands for getting somewhat short-tempered when people do the parent/child thing as we are all equals on here.

Some people just aren't great at remembering/knowing where places are. Just like I'm hopeless at maths, for example. I can't just "learn" maths, as it's really hard for me. Perhaps Angie has trouble remembering where places are? Nothing wrong with that and it certainly didn't warrant a rant like that IMHO.

Chill, people! :-D

AMETHYST

When I go anywhere, I always go on route planner, find my directions & get to my destinations myself. My initial " where's that?" is usually to find out if it's near me, & if I can help. I do a lot of driving for work. I also drove to Italy & back when I was 21. Unfortuately, I don't have a photographic memory, & can't remember the exact location of all the places I've been

For the record, since I first posted on here 6 months ago, I have been involved in loads of bunny runs & several home checks. I've also collected bunnys from vets & free ad buns for other people.

As I put on my earlier post, my internet isn't working properly at the min. It took me ages to get back on RU, although at the minute, I wish I hadn't bothered. Also, I'm on here at work, so a quick question, on a forum is quicker than opening up a new window to find a place that could be within my bunny run radius limit, or the other end of the country

I'm sorry if my posting a simple question- almost ALWAYS followed by an offer to help offends you so much. Be rest assured, that I will never volunteer myself to drive around the country to help you with any of your bunny runs/vet visist/collections/or hiomechecks.

In fact, as it bothers you so much, I won't offer at all anymore.

I live in Barnsley South Yorkshire. If anyone needs me, apparently, YOU ALL KNOW where I am.

I think Angie is completely entitled to ask where a location is, as any of us would be.
Angie inparticular is one of the most helpful members of this forum for assisting in bunny runs...for example she transported 2 of my buns for me this bank holiday weekend!...and has done so for other people too.

For someone this helpful, to go out of their way to help others, and rescue buns, using there own time, fuel, vehicle and energy...I think the least I (and others) can do is to reply to their question in a post.

Angie, I think you are a star.

I think we should just let this one drop, we are all different people with different degrees of knowledge in different subects so.......to get back to the topic at hand, can anyone bring the bun up to either me or Angie so one of us can take it to Bradford?

animusuk said:
I think we should just let this one drop, we are all different people with different degrees of knowledge in different subects so.......to get back to the topic at hand, can anyone bring the bun up to either me or Angie so one of us can take it to Bradford?

Yes, good idea! :D :roll: Sorry if I inadvertantly offended anyone...

AMETHYST

I think spending a minute answering a question on the location of something is more than worth the hours of time and effort I know Angie has put in on many occations to help out rabbits in need.

We all have our strong points, geography certainly isn't one of mine either, there is no reason to have a go at someone for it.

Tamsin

/

I have just read through this after seing Angie's other post "grrrrrrhhhhhh"
..and I would just like to say...Angie has explained her lack of time on a pc to look up places.......and she may not have a degree in geography ....
....BUT there are many rabbits who would have not got to their new homes if it hadn't been for her frequently offering to give up her time and fuel to transport them. She also has taken in several free ad buns who were at risk and fostered them until rescue spaces have become available.....and at the Hopper meeting she handed me a large bag of excell pellets and some toys for the buns here..she didn't make a show of it, just did it quietly.....In my opinion she is a star and I am more than willing to give her directions 10 times over if she asks.

Back