• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pet Carrier for 2 buns....

racheyrabbit

Alpha Buck
Those of you who've got 2 buns and take them to the vet together - do you take them in the same carrier?

If so, how big a carrier do I need for 2 buns (small dwarf lops/minilops)? I've had my O/H's mum's top-opening carrier on loan almost permanently, and I really need to get one of my own. We're planning on recruiting a new bunny to the household within the next month, so I might as well get one that is big enough for the both of them..... :D

I've been looking at the two in Argos, and found it really difficult to judge which would be best. I was going to get it today so that Coffee could have it as a hideaway in the bathroom when she gets back from her spay. :D

/

If the buns are bonded it's best they travel together..this keeps the bond and also helps to keep each of them calm , as the have comfort from their partner.
You will need a larger carrier than for a single bun, but don't go too big. Buns feel safer in a slightly smaller area and also, if in a large carrier and you have to break suddenly, they could slide or tumble and injure them selves. A nice snug place is much better for travelling! :D

I've got a large pet carrier that all 4 of my buns fit in (mind you they are tiddy buns!) I think it's a ferplast atlas 10.... I swapped it with my mum as I only had a smallish one that I used to use for my cat and mum's was much bigger

Alfie kennedy said:
is there a Wilkinsons near you? i got a great carrier for £10 which fits my small/medium lops in perfectly!!!

Unfortunately, the nearest one is 20 minutes on the bus - and whenever I've looked they never have the carriers :(

I got a great pet carrier for £7 in Wilkinsons on sunday for the journey home with Jack and the new bunny ..... its just the right size for them to sit comfortably but not slide around on the journey. There was a bigger one too for not much more.

I have the Savic Pet Caddy 2 - a great size and top opening too.
32690017a.jpg

There is one on here http://www.lamp-post.co.uk/proddetail.php?prod=CH13007- various prices on line - this one appears to be the cheapest but may be worth checking the postage prices.

/

just to add..you can use an ordinary plastic storage box..although they don't have a handle. Make sure you put holes in the lid for airflow and when making them push whatever you use to make holes, from the inside out so any sharp bits are not near the buns.
You do have to be able to carry the box but it will be cheap and easy to find and top opening!

At Paul Grants surgery (my vet in Addington/Coney Hall area) they were advertising second hand pet carriers for a small donation (£5-£7). I didn't see them but they must be reasonably decent.

I'm going to have to invest in a bigger pet carrier too, Storm has out grown his lovely pink one :lol: it would be nice to take him and Gypsy together, I need one big enough for a Frenchie and lionhead :? maybe I should just get one of those strollers, would save my arms being stretched too much :shock: :lol:

I got a carrier from QD for £25 it's a materially one for dogs and is made by rolson. It fits my giant in it comfortably so would fit four or five normal buns quite nicely lol. Maybe you weren't thinking that big though!

Well, I got the cheapo one from Argos. Only £7.75! Will be plenty big enough for two, but might be a flimsy. Oh well, it will work well as a recovery area for Coffee, and if it isn't much kop as a carrier then they can have it as a hideout in their run :D

i got mine from Wilkinsons but have also had an argos one for our cat before. Both are the small one and are fine for my two fuzzies. If you have a QD, not sure if its just a local store to east anglia, but they had the savic one in at a fairly reasonable price. :wink:

My Voyager 400 is very large and is for small dogs. My French lops sleep side by side in it at night. They are free range 24/7 in the kitchen but they like to lay in this at night (not with the door on). When I transport them to the vets, I put one in one voyager and the other in an identical one and face them. I think I paid £23.00.

Back