PDA

View Full Version : getting bored of the garden????

**Bonnie**
03-05-2006, 05:17 AM
Alfie and Holly get free run of the garden at least three times a day and for hours at a time at the weekend.

They have dirt to dig, a tunnel, lovely new grass that is growing through but Alfie runs about for a bit chews up some taupauline and then goes back into their hutch/run combo or just sits there staring in to space????

I think they are getting bored of the garden so maybe i shouldn't let them out so much????

jay
03-05-2006, 05:32 AM
Maybe you could put some toys out - cardboard boxes, tunnels etc... And maybe chase them round a bit (I do that to Jack - he runs and then binky's!!) Not sure what else to suggest.

**Bonnie**
03-05-2006, 05:38 AM
done that and they play with it for a bit and that's it - maybe they are just getting lazy :lol:

jay
03-05-2006, 06:11 AM
Maybe thats it!!!! I have to chase Jack around the garden or he just curls up behind a plant pot and looks sulky!!!!!!

**Bonnie**
03-05-2006, 06:12 AM
Maybe thats it!!!! I have to chase Jack around the garden or he just curls up behind a plant pot and looks sulky!!!!!!

:lol: bless him!

Spacegirl
03-05-2006, 06:53 AM
Do some buns just play less than others? Humpty ignores virtually any toys/boxes/rolls that I give him and just sits in a corner most of the time when he is in the garden. He would rather someone sat and rubbed his nose for a few hours anyday than run around playing :lol:

Snowflakes mummy
03-05-2006, 09:24 AM
I think if you have enough things out there for them to play with hide in etc... they enjoy it more...
Mines only had free garden access for a few weeks... so shes still in the honey moon period I think....lol
But maybe they are so familiar with it that they just dont bother getting all excited about it.

**Bonnie**
03-05-2006, 09:29 AM
They have so much stuff to play with - Alfie will sometimes do a mad dash around the garden and do about 20 binky's, chew some taupauline and then hop back in the hutch or sit there!

i have a long tunnel in the middle of the garden too...maybe i won't let them out until tomorrow morning - i feel bad when i do that though!

raven_guest
03-05-2006, 01:33 PM
I don't think they'll get bored if you move things around, maybe plant some herbs they can eat for them to chew on when they're out?

maxbun
03-05-2006, 01:38 PM
Millie loves being out in the garden, and keeps herself busy for hours on end exploring. However, as soon as the garage door is opened, she runs like a greyhound down the garden and sits in the garage!! We keep saying she is trying to tell us she wants to be a 'garage' rabbit!! :lol:
Jane

deborah
03-05-2006, 09:50 PM
yes i too have the same problem , cadberry my big bun comes out, binkies, sniffs a bit then goes back in and lays flat out, he is such a lazy bun, i have taken to grooming him when he goes back in.

how to beat the bordum is hard, i go shopping for baby toys regularly, things that make noise , that can be pushed, hide under and so on but the attention span is quickly lossed. :(

any ideas anyone? :lol: