• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

getting bored of the garden????

**Bonnie**

Mama Doe
Alfie and Holly get free run of the garden at least three times a day and for hours at a time at the weekend.

They have dirt to dig, a tunnel, lovely new grass that is growing through but Alfie runs about for a bit chews up some taupauline and then goes back into their hutch/run combo or just sits there staring in to space????

I think they are getting bored of the garden so maybe i shouldn't let them out so much????

Maybe you could put some toys out - cardboard boxes, tunnels etc... And maybe chase them round a bit (I do that to Jack - he runs and then binky's!!) Not sure what else to suggest.

Maybe thats it!!!! I have to chase Jack around the garden or he just curls up behind a plant pot and looks sulky!!!!!!

Do some buns just play less than others? Humpty ignores virtually any toys/boxes/rolls that I give him and just sits in a corner most of the time when he is in the garden. He would rather someone sat and rubbed his nose for a few hours anyday than run around playing :lol:

I think if you have enough things out there for them to play with hide in etc... they enjoy it more...
Mines only had free garden access for a few weeks... so shes still in the honey moon period I think....lol
But maybe they are so familiar with it that they just dont bother getting all excited about it.

They have so much stuff to play with - Alfie will sometimes do a mad dash around the garden and do about 20 binky's, chew some taupauline and then hop back in the hutch or sit there!

i have a long tunnel in the middle of the garden too...maybe i won't let them out until tomorrow morning - i feel bad when i do that though!

I don't think they'll get bored if you move things around, maybe plant some herbs they can eat for them to chew on when they're out?

Millie loves being out in the garden, and keeps herself busy for hours on end exploring. However, as soon as the garage door is opened, she runs like a greyhound down the garden and sits in the garage!! We keep saying she is trying to tell us she wants to be a 'garage' rabbit!! :lol:
Jane

yes i too have the same problem , cadberry my big bun comes out, binkies, sniffs a bit then goes back in and lays flat out, he is such a lazy bun, i have taken to grooming him when he goes back in.

how to beat the bordum is hard, i go shopping for baby toys regularly, things that make noise , that can be pushed, hide under and so on but the attention span is quickly lossed. :(

any ideas anyone? :lol:

Back