• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

FOX ATTACK..U/D....Murray-Mint Has Gone.......

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
A lady from my estate has brought her daughters Bunny Murray-Mint to me after he was attacked by a Fox :cry: He is a 12 week old cream coloured lop and I really doubt he will survive :cry: I have called Cristabel (Vet) and she has OK'd me to treat Murray-Mint as I think appropriate. A car journey to the surgery would kill this very sick bunny :cry:
So Murray-Mint is on a heat pad and has had 30mls warmed Hartmanns(sub/cut fluids) and 0.3mls Baytril. Cristabel said to give Metacam would just about guarantee kidney failure and opiate pain relief would cause respiratory arrest. She said to give Metacam IM if Murray-Mint becomes more responsive.
Murray-Mint has no obvious flesh wounds I can see.
Full examination would be too stressful and he'd probably die from shock :cry: :cry:
Poor, poor baby bunny :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Sorry, but I HATE Foxes :evil: :evil:

Janex

:cry: poor murry -mint :cry: If anyone can get him through this you can Jane, he's in good hands. I don't hate foxes, but nature can be so cruel sometimes :? Sending healing vibes to the poor little man xx

Awwwwwwww Jane, poor little Murray-Mint. :cry:
Here`s sending bucket loads of healing vibes his way...................... He`s in the best hands and i know you`ll do all you can for him.

Su.x

Oh Jane...i thought it was one of your buns then :cry:

Poor Murry-Mint..

If there is no wounds is it just shock?? poor little thing i really hope he surives..keep us updated.

was this today???? i hate fox's too :cry:

Awww poor little Murray-Mint, a fox attack at so young an age too :cry: Thank goodness his owners saw sense to bring him to you though...come on little Murray-Mint, you can do it xxx

oh my god the poor thing i feel so upset for little Murry. he was only 12 weeks old!

You did all you could Jane and at least he was warm and had love around him when he died ..xxx

Well done Jane for trying your best. He will have known love and care in his final moments. Binky free little Murray-Mint. :cry:

AMETHYST

Oh Jane I'm so sorry :( :( :( :( :( Poor little baby :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I know you will have done your very best to save this poor little fella, he was very lucky to have had your care in his final breaths

:cry: :cry:

Back