PDA

View Full Version : I LOVE my vet

AlisonA
02-05-2006, 02:17 PM
I've used the same practice for years and have traditionally always seen the same vet - but she has recently left to concentrate on behaviour work.

So I have started seeing another vet who has been there for several years and who has done superb spays for me in the past - I'd tended to shy away from her at consultation though as she has always seemed a little stand offish. But recently I've been seeing her with Santa's snuffles and am very happy with her open mind on medication, and today I went for Rory's wound check and she started giving me some bonding advice and advice on types of hay :D I'm so happy that my vet knows stuff about rabbits in general and not just medicine :D

Just had to share!

Jack's-Jane
02-05-2006, 03:20 PM
:D :D :D :D
Its Brill to have a Vet you can trust and who genuinely cares for Bunsters!!

Janex

jay
03-05-2006, 06:15 AM
Thats great! Its the same reason I like my vet as first time I saw him he gave me advice on changing Jacks food to a pellet food .... and he always chats away to Jack too!!

SarahP
05-05-2006, 02:07 PM
I'm going to see your vet (assuming it's the one you recommended) next Friday to talk about spaying the bunnies. :) Am slightly scared at how she might be after you telling me about her particular 'style' though! :lol:

AlisonA
05-05-2006, 02:14 PM
:lol: Yep that's the one. Don't be scared, she seems to have really mellowed and they will definitely be in good hands :thumb: When you actually book them in for the spay, just make sure you check that Melinda is doing surgery that day :wink:

SarahP
05-05-2006, 02:17 PM
Will do. :) Thought I'd better let her look them over first, to make sure they are OK to have the ops. I don't think there will be any problems, as they have lost loads of weight since I've had them, so should be fit for the op.

AlisonA
05-05-2006, 02:18 PM
I really hope it all goes ok seeings I recommended her :lol:

SarahP
12-05-2006, 03:42 PM
hehehehe :lol: I've not long got back from the vets, and when I said I had been particularly recommended for Melinda to do the spay, they got curious and asked who had recommended her. I said I didn't know your surname, but someone called Alison. The girl then said 'oh yes, we know her, she comes in a lot'. :lol:

AlisonA
12-05-2006, 03:57 PM
:lol: :oops:

How did you find the lovely Melinda?

SarahP
12-05-2006, 04:06 PM
She seemed quite nice - she thought they were the right weight now. I couldn't help but wonder what she would have been like if I'd taken them in as soon as I'd got them (they were bloomin' enormous!! :shock: )

AlisonA
12-05-2006, 04:14 PM
:lol: at least you would have had the excuse that you got them like that, though.

PS Have you got an indoor cage for when they need to stay in for a bit after their spays? If you need, I've got a 42" dog crate you can borrow.

SarahP
12-05-2006, 04:31 PM
Oooh, that would be fantastic! Thanks so much! :) We were going to look at buying one at the weekend, but it seemed a bit of a waste. Will PM you. :)

AlisonA
12-05-2006, 04:38 PM
No problem, I'll wait to hear from you :wink: I only live a few mins from the vets so should be easy enough to arrange.