• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I LOVE my vet

AlisonA

Warren Veteran
I've used the same practice for years and have traditionally always seen the same vet - but she has recently left to concentrate on behaviour work.

So I have started seeing another vet who has been there for several years and who has done superb spays for me in the past - I'd tended to shy away from her at consultation though as she has always seemed a little stand offish. But recently I've been seeing her with Santa's snuffles and am very happy with her open mind on medication, and today I went for Rory's wound check and she started giving me some bonding advice and advice on types of hay :D I'm so happy that my vet knows stuff about rabbits in general and not just medicine :D

Just had to share!

Thats great! Its the same reason I like my vet as first time I saw him he gave me advice on changing Jacks food to a pellet food .... and he always chats away to Jack too!!

I'm going to see your vet (assuming it's the one you recommended) next Friday to talk about spaying the bunnies. :) Am slightly scared at how she might be after you telling me about her particular 'style' though! :lol:

:lol: Yep that's the one. Don't be scared, she seems to have really mellowed and they will definitely be in good hands :thumb: When you actually book them in for the spay, just make sure you check that Melinda is doing surgery that day :wink:

Will do. :) Thought I'd better let her look them over first, to make sure they are OK to have the ops. I don't think there will be any problems, as they have lost loads of weight since I've had them, so should be fit for the op.

hehehehe :lol: I've not long got back from the vets, and when I said I had been particularly recommended for Melinda to do the spay, they got curious and asked who had recommended her. I said I didn't know your surname, but someone called Alison. The girl then said 'oh yes, we know her, she comes in a lot'. :lol:

She seemed quite nice - she thought they were the right weight now. I couldn't help but wonder what she would have been like if I'd taken them in as soon as I'd got them (they were bloomin' enormous!! :shock: )

:lol: at least you would have had the excuse that you got them like that, though.

PS Have you got an indoor cage for when they need to stay in for a bit after their spays? If you need, I've got a 42" dog crate you can borrow.

Oooh, that would be fantastic! Thanks so much! :) We were going to look at buying one at the weekend, but it seemed a bit of a waste. Will PM you. :)

No problem, I'll wait to hear from you :wink: I only live a few mins from the vets so should be easy enough to arrange.

Back