• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The bonding has begun!..

Veronica

Mama Doe
Well I started the bonding process between PeeWee and Prudence!

Following Jill's advice, I took a car ride (both with Pru and PW in seperate boxes).
After 10mins, I put Pru into PW's carrier, then drove for a further 15mins home.

At home, I set the two up in the kitchen...where they spent all afternoon!

No fights, no humping nothing, except for the occasional stomps here and there! :D

Whilst the two were in the kitchen...i took a bucket of hot soapy water out to Pru's hutch and emptied, washed and scrubbed it down so to get rid of her smell.

A few hours later, the two were sitting right up next to each other, really chilled out! I couldn't believe it!

So now the next stage is I've popped them both in Pru's cleaned out hutch...and they've been there for the past hour...all signs are looking brilliant!!!:D No stomping, no fighting nothing!! Just sitting next to each other!
Could it be love at first sight?! :shock: :D

Some pics from this afternoon! :D

The gorgeous Pee Wee
1bond8.jpg

Pee Wee and Prudence
1bond7.jpg

1bond6.jpg

1bond5.jpg

1bond3.jpg

1bond2.jpg

Pee Wee making all the moves ;) :D
1bond4.jpg

A few hours later, we had this!...
1bond1.jpg

:D:D:D:D:D:D

Jill, the car journey was the best idea! :D Calmed Pru down sooo much :D...now im using the old' fresh veg bribing again (the way to Pee Wee's heart :lol: )...and it seems to be keeping them chilled out together :D

Well they do look a happy couple. :D
Well done Veronica, i don`t know why the car rides are so effective but they always seem to work. :? :D

Su.x

aaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwww what gorgeous piccies.. i was giggling that Pru didnt move in all the photos until the last one.. that is a great step for her!! YAY! :D

Diddeen said:
aaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwww what gorgeous piccies.. i was giggling that Pru didnt move in all the photos until the last one.. that is a great step for her!! YAY! :D

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The funniest thing is, they both spent the first half and hour sitting just staring at each other :lol: :lol: :lol:

WELL DONE!!

Are you doing any Bunny-Bonding freelance work :? :?
If so, I have a little task for you............ :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol:

BTW Prudence makes me giggle just looking at all her fluff!! :lol: :lol:

Janex

awwww they are great pics! i had to laugh at pru sitting there all regal looking and little pee-wee, the look on his face says 'is that a .....rabbit?!' :lol:
glad they are getting on.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well I've just been out to feed and lock up the buns for the night.
I am completely outstanded by the progress of these two!

Pru sitting there munching on hay from the hay rack, whilst PeeWee (sitting bottom to bottom next to each other!) is happily ripping up the newspaper lining! :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I haven't witnessed one scuffle at all from them all day! I'm amazed!
I couldn't have got a better partner for Pru than Pee Wee!!! He is better than I could have even imagined!!! :D

I'm leaving them together overnight! Madness, but they've been together all day with no probs, I'm thinking theres no reason why not to try it! :D

Great news Veronica - I love the pics - Prudence all nonchallant and blase and Pee Wee investigating - and then curiosity gets the better of Pru and she has to have a sniff :lol: :lol: Well done :D

Veronica said:
I'm leaving them together overnight! Madness, but they've been together all day with no probs, I'm thinking theres no reason why not to try it! :D

I did the same (after much deliberation) with Piper and Molly - they were fine. :D

Princess Pru is lovely btw.

Wow, sounds like things are going really well. I love that last picture-it looks like he's wispering a secret to her!

Ahhhhh...how sweet do they look together!!! But of course pee wee was going to fall for Pru - she is after all a princess!!

Just a further update...

..... Prudence and Pee Wee are still together, after spending all night together. No problems at all! These two seem to get on like a house on fire! :D:D:D:D

Back