• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Phantom Pregnancies in Bunnies Help/Advice Needed!!

AmyJo

Mama Doe
Mindy started building a huge nest of hay and straw. She hasnt pulled out any fur but was wondering if she maybe having a phantom.

She hasnt been near an entire male whilst being here but does run in the same garden as Rudy, Obvioudly not at the same time though. The closest they have been is the day she came here and she was in the carrier and he in his crate and they only looked at each other for a foot or two away.

It sounds like it - right time of year, and especially with the smell of a male bunny around I'd say it's more than likely. My Santa has been gathering hay in her mouth and arranging it nicely, and she's spayed! (Maybe she just doesn't like where I put the hay :lol: )

Argh shes now lined it with fur!!! Any suggestions what i should do? Shes babying her toys as well they are amongst the fur. stray and hay nest in her litter tray. Should i remove the nest or wait a bit? Wouls spaying soon be the best option??

Worried foster mummy

my girls in the shed all took turns making nests last month - nothing since. I left each nest for a week as they would just pull loads more fur out and get into a nesting frenzy if the nest vanished.

Back