• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Harvey's going to be neutered tomorow!

Vicki

Alpha Buck
Im sooooooooooooooooooo worried about it, its unbelieveable! I dont think ill sleep tonight either! He's got to be in tomorow at 8:30. Does anyone no roughly how long they will keep him in and how long it will take him to some round beofre they will let him home? Ive packed him a 'bag of goodies'! Their going to think im mental when i walk in with his bag of bits like im dropping a baby of at nursery for the day! Lol Ive got his two favourite types of hay in seperate bags so he can have whichever he fancys, he's got his little 'comfort blanket' which he loves and i was going to take a toy aswell, but i think thats going too far! :shock: :oops: :lol: lol! So really could someone please put my mind at rest!

He'll be fine!

I went to collect my two about about 4pm when they were done, they were a bit sleepy but bouncing around the next day!

I was more upset than they were :?

Good luck Harvey x

Hi Vicki
I had my boy Hann neutered recently, he went in about 9am, had his op late morning and they called me lunchtime to tell me he was ok. I picked him up at 5.30pm.

I didn't take anything in with me as I'd only had him a week anyway and didn't know what he particularily liked!

He'll be fine, don't worry! :)

Awwww I'm sure your boy will be fine and he'll soon be home for love and cuddles -

Now no wearing the Carpet out Gal :wink:

How quickly he wakes up probably depends on what time of day he is 'done'. At my surgery they do the necessary surgery first and the elective surgery last, so he might not get done until early afternoon - in which case he is likely to be quite dozy when he comes home. If he's been done fairly early in the morning, he should be quite bright by the time you can pick him up. My surgery asks you to ring around 3.30pm and you can usually pick them up after that. When I took Rory in last week, he had a bag of SS, a bag of Timothy hay and some vegetables, the vet was like "ooh an entire menu" :lol:

Awww hope he's ok....
They normally let you pick them up in the evening...
My vet knows I love my bunny... so she wasnt surprised when I brought her in...
With all her favourite vegetables... rabbit chocolate drops (which are guaranteed to get her up from a coma) and her favourite cuddly toys... which I insisted were with her at all times! lol
The vet just laughed but knew I was deadly serious and they did everything I requested! lol

I cried like a baby when I dropped Storm off at the vets! :oops: but he woke up very quickly after his op and acted as though nothing had happened to him :shock: they let him home the same day.
I'm sure your boy will be ok! :D

Back