• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Choosing a Bun

beckiboo186

Warren Veteran
Right, I need help loL! Im not ready to take on another bunny atm, but when i am - i need to choose the right one. When we decided we were going to get a sister for Charlie, it was easy, he was so laid back and would've accepted anybun!! But I have a feeling that Tilly-May wont be so easy, Were going to start with a boy bunny, and ive seen some on ru, but i dont want to get them (make them travel hours) then she not like them. I did think about taking her to a rescue and letting her choose, Maybe i'll just do that :? xx

I'm sure plenty of rescues will be fine letting Tilly choose for you, and I've no doubt you'll fall for whichever bun she does!
Intros aren't always as difficult as you think though, I've got 3 boys defying all the things I was told, they all bonded in under a day :shock: and love snuggling up with each other.
I'm sure the right bun will find you - I didn't plan on going out and buying any of mine, they all just happened to need homes for various reasons (usually health, which then cost me a fortune :roll: ) and I love them all.

My old boy bun accepted any bun who came along, he was an angel. But Gypsy was more difficult, it took her a while to accept Storm. I think girls are more difficult, they seem more terriorial. If you do it slowly they should be ok. I think getting Tilly to choose is a good idea!. I got very worried that Gypsy and Storm would never be friends but didn't give up, now Gypsy totally loves Storm :D

It would be best to let her choose. I'm sure she will choose a fine bun. It is always easiest to fall in love with a bun that your bun loves. I'm sure everything will work out great for both you and Tilly May, whatever you choose to do.

I went to a rescue on sunday to introduce Jack to his new girlfriend. If it hadn't worked I could have chosen another bunny to try. As I had never bonded before it was great to have someone experienced there to say that they would bond despite my doubts!! I think at the end of the day its up to Charlie to decide and fingers crossed it'll be the same bunny you fall for!!

You may be pleasantly surprised with Tilly, my friend had an evil savage little bun who hated everyone and everything, but was soppy as hell when they took her to be bonded! She's been a new bun ever since.
If you let her pick, you can't second guess yourself.

Back