• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lots of new additions (some have now been reserved)

sgprescue

Mama Doe
Well my vet is going to be a busy little bee soon. Lots of new bunnies needing to go in for the chop :shock:

This is Dutches, the female bunny that was advertised outside a house in Cromer asking for someone to go round the back and take it :evil:
DSCN2654.jpg

Thumper and Smokey came in on Thursday because their owners were moving house the next day :roll:
DSCN2852.jpg

DSCN2847.jpg

DSCN2846.jpg

Mocca and Latte arrived when we were doing rabbit awareness day yesterday. They were apparantly both found wondering loose in Thetford. The people who brought them to me had kept them for over a week just in case anyone claimed them. Only trouble is they kept them together......Mocca is a boy and Latte is a girl :shock: . We had them in a carrier for the rest of the day but they kept mating, no doubt they have been doing this all the time the people had them yet they didnt think to seperate them :roll: They went straight into seperate hutches when I got home. Duchess was booked in to be neutered on Tuesday but considering the high possibility that Latte could be pregnant now she is going in on Tuesday instead.
Latte
DSCN2831.jpg

Mocca
DSCN2844.jpg

Chloe, another RSPCA stray
DSCN2788Correction.jpg

Now for the piggies. I went to the local bird auctions today and there were loads of piggies up for auction. Unfortunatly I couldnt afford to save them all but I brought some home. I managed to outbid the nasty breeder/dealer blokes who treat the animals like something they have scraped off their shoe :evil: I get annoyed because they sell the pigs as as they come in their boxes, regardless of if they are in mixed sexes :evil: All of the 9 pigs I brought home today are absolutly terrified, the poor things are climing the walls out of fear :cry:

2 males (now rehomed)
DSCN2853.jpg

2 males
DSCN2857.jpg

4 females, the adult is almost certainly pregnant and the babies are only about 3 weeks old if that. No idea what happened to thier mother but the poor things are far too young to have been put in an auction :cry:
DSCN2869.jpg

and this little chap I have named Sebastian. I was very suprised to see a satin in the auction, this poor boy is thin and has skin problems, he will need a fair bit of treatment and building up
DSCN2865.jpg

:shock: Mocha! :love:

Working in petshops, it was horrible when we got customers trying to return their pets. We had a no return policy, and lots of the ones being brought in weren't even from us. One guy was in a taxi on his way to the airport and brought two gerbils, in a cardboard dishwasher powder box, and told us if we didn't take them he'd let them go right outside :shock: so we made him pay for a cheap starter cage and one of the staff took them :?
Someone else had hers in the car too (nice of them to assume you'll say yes!) as she was moving - two budgies in an absolutely filthy cage and a hamster in a tiny starter kit with a dwarf hamster sized wheel (she was a syrian), and her nails literally about 1-1.5cm long and curling over. I ended up keeping her!
You'd think if you took on an animal you'd at least make sure you found it a nice home, not just dump it or ask just anyone to take it :?

Oh my goodness.... you certainly have your work cut out for you there :shock:

Mocha and Latte are gorgeous! :love: Methinks Nicola C needs to see them! :lol:

Re: Lots of new additions (including nethies and piggies)

sgprescue said:
Well my vet is going to be a busy little bee soon. Lots of new bunnies needing to go in for the chop :shock:

This is Dutches, the female bunny that was advertised outside a house in Cromer asking for someone to go round the back and take it :evil:
DSCN2654.jpg

Mocca
DSCN2844.jpg

Dutchess is soooooooo beautiful, how could manyone care about her so little they`d just want someone to go and take her away?! :evil: :evil: :cry:

And as for Mocha. :love: :love: :love: :love: I want, i want, I WANT! :lol: :lol: :lol: She`s GORGEOUS! :love: :love: :love: :love:

Good luck rehoming them all Cheryl,
Su.x

Karly said:
:
You'd think if you took on an animal you'd at least make sure you found it a nice home, not just dump it or ask just anyone to take it :?

I really don't get that either.
I fell in love with my animals just from one look at their little furry/feathered faces. I can't understand how anyone can live with them and not feel anything for them.
I just don't understand people.

i love mocca

im looking for a neutered nethie male

sassi is still on her own, she was neutered last week.

where abouts are you in norfolk?

missblondebunny said:
i love mocca

I am in Sunny Norwich :D

Doughnut is still here if you want a nethie :wink:

sgprescue said:
missblondebunny said:
i love mocca

i have had my eye on doughnut aswell. id have all the nethies if i could :lol:

i suppose its really up to sassi to see who she gets on with best.

the only thing is norwich is too far for me to travel :(

i do work in stapleford near cambs, but it is my last day (i think) in the office tomo as were moving to a new office in erith, kent.

and cambs looks too far away from you as well :cry:

i dont know what to do - heeellpppppppp

missblondebunny said:
sgprescue said:
missblondebunny said:
i love mocca

i have had my eye on doughnut aswell. id have all the nethies if i could :lol:

i suppose its really up to sassi to see who she gets on with best.

the only thing is norwich is too far for me to travel :(

i do work in stapleford near cambs, but it is my last day (i think) in the office tomo as were moving to a new office in erith, kent.

and cambs looks too far away from you as well :cry:

i dont know what to do - heeellpppppppp

Whats Sassi like? laid back? Maybe ask cheryl which would be more compatable to her character? xx

sassi is quite laid back, she hates other females which is of no suprise.

shes quite quiet, and has her mad 5 mins of binking round the room now and again. shes gentle and i always get a bunny wash in the mornings (or whenever shes on the sofa :lol: )

my OH is bald and she is forever licking is head - she must want the salt or likes the taste of it :lol: :lol: :lol:

id say shes quite a posh bunny - always has her nose stuck in the air and she never smells, she always smells of baby powder for some reason - bless :D

missblondebunny said:
id say shes quite a posh bunny - always has her nose stuck in the air and she never smells, she always smells of baby powder for some reason - bless :D

That sums Sophie up to a T! :lol:

Back