• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Awful ebay hutch

Tamsin said:
each level is 3'x2' which is the eqivelant of a 6'x2' hutch altogether. Not a bad size and a bed is easy enough to add.

But a 6x2 would actually be much better, in a 3x2 a bunny can only get a couple of hops in before hitting its nose on the other side. :(

Bigger than it looks I think, just over 3' x 3' which I think is the suggested minimum for a pair of piggies?

Yeah... They just need a darn sleeping area in there and it'd be just about ok...

Still not what I'd use though.

AMETHYST

each level is 3'x2' which is the eqivelant of a 6'x2' hutch altogether. Not a bad size and a bed is easy enough to add.

There's no where for them to shelter in it. It's not good, I would hope no one would buy it, size wise, it'd be fine for piggies, apart from the lack of sleeping space.

I saw a bigger version of one of them in the petshop on saturday but it had a hidden sleeping bit inside on the top floor....
My mums like what about this one... its plenty big enough for 2...
I said over my dead body! and it was bigger than that one!

Very suspicious how the rabbit 'escaped' after a month and then they decided to sell the hutch. Surely if they wanted the rabbit they would have got another one. :roll: :(

Estelle said:
Very suspicious how the rabbit 'escaped' after a month and then they decided to sell the hutch. Surely if they wanted the rabbit they would have got another one. :roll: :(

Not necessarily. You don't really know the circumstances in which it escaped, it might have been maliciously let out or something in which case they decided for another bun's safety not to get a new one, or their child was too upset to 'replace' it, or another legitimate reason

Estelle said:

It probably 'escaped' because it was sick of living in such an awful hutch!! :?

It has had 759 clicks so it is certainly attracting a lot of attention - unless it's just all of us clicking to see :lol:

Yuh I think it does have a sleeping compartment... its hidden on the inside of the top floor of the hutch I am guessing... cos the one in the petshop was.

Back