• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Urgent humping help!?what to do tonight?!

KerinTravis

Mama Doe
:shock: When I got in tonight, both my parents commented that it sounded like my bunnies had a construction site going in my room with all the noise they'd been making :? So I brought them downstairs. After about 20 mins, Travis started humping Tre (much to her disgust!? :oops: ) - originally at the wrong end too!? At one point my Dad rescued a lump of Tre's fur from Travis' mouth. My Mum ended up sitting Tre on her lap for a few mins to calm her down a bit.

All of this happened whilst I was upstairs and when I came back down, Travis was at it again. :roll: So I separated them, took Travis back upstairs, then cuddled Tre for a bit to relax her. Travis has a football in his pen which has always been his "gf". I pushed this in his direction when we came back up, hoping it would "satisfy him?!" :oops: He grunted at it and licked it a bit, but that was all.

Since then, they've been sat at opposite ends of the pen, and not even moved to eat their veg until 20mins after I put it down for them. :?

I don't know what to do now though. I'm worried that the noises my parents heard earlier were them fighting or something as a result of Trav being frisky? Even when I first bonded them, there was no humping at all, so this is the first time I've seen it between them :shock:

Travis usually has his football for things like this :oops: They're both neutered, so I'm guessing it's just because it's Spring and it's his natural urge? :?:

I am not sure as to whether I should split them or not though. Tre obv is unsure around him at the mo and keeping her distance. Although it does explain why Travis has been fussing over her and grooming her a lot lately I guess?

Help!?

My two are in a similar way at the moment, but smokie keeps archie in check, I guess you just have to make sure she isnt getting aggresive towards him and not too stressed - bunnys ay, who'd have em :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I would give them a low box to hide under so she can escape if needed. I presume your sleeping in the same roomm so you'll wake up if anything more serious goes on :)

Tam

Yeah, if I wasn't, I think I would be!! It's just the first time he's ever done it to her, and she isn't at all amused!!

He starts off by grooming her, and works his way down her back until he's in a position where he can mount her :roll: :oops:

She seems kinda fed up by it all including the grooming! :shock:

They have plenty of "get away" places. I'm just concerned that they've both lost their appetites too :?

How long do you think it will go on for? :roll:

Thats exactly what happens with my two - sorry to be the bearer of bad news but have had it since February - but on the bright side she hasnt killed him (yet, touch wood), plenty of toys to keep him amused might help, plus i find archie is worse at food time (gets confused between food and s*x) so they might be the worse times!!

Hope this helps
Hannah. Smokie n the randy bunny (archie)

Thanks, at least I know what I'm up against!! Travis has been humping this year, but his football, not Treacle!! - until now. She's not getting aggressive, just p******* off I think!!!

Back