• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding advice please.......UPDATE! 2/5/06

cannonwoman

Warren Veteran
Today i`ve introduced Little Ted to Poppet. There`s been no aggression at all but Ted just constantly keeps humping Poppet! :roll: She just sits there till he`s finished then hops off but i`m not sure what to do? I don`t want Poppet to get too stressed out, do i keep them together and as long azs no fighting starts let them work it out or should i seperate?
At the mo Poppet is sat on top of a cat carrier and Ted is finally crashed out on the floor, but he did this before then got up and started all over again??!!!
And now he`s off again............................

Bonding experts, advice please....
Su.x

I'd leave them together Su :D
Poppet can escape onto the cat carrier for a rest.
Old Bill and Lara have been together for about 2 weeks and Old Bill has only really calmed down a bit TODAY!!
He has a hump-fest :oops: :roll: then crashes out for a kip.
Then wakes up, has a snack and off he goes again :shock: :shock:
Typical man really :wink: :lol: :lol:
As long as Poppet continues to eat (ie does not get very stressed by the amorous attention of Little Ted) and does not become aggressive then I am sure that Little Ted will calm down....................EVENTUALLY :roll: :lol:

Janex

Thanks Jane,
You know how i like to worry! :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: If i was Poppet i would`ve given him a good kick in the plums by now! :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Poppet`s munching on hay as we speak, so that`s good, so it`s just a case of watch and see.

Su.x

hi su,
like jane says they should be ok left together .
sounds like hes just letting her know hes boss :wink:

As long as she doesnt seem bothered id just leave them to it .
who knows she might like it :shock: :wink: :roll:

Thanks Angie for your reply,
Touchwood it all seems to be going o.k. :D At about 4pm i moved them both out into the run where Poppet got to let off some energy and i think poor little ted realised there was no way he could keep up! :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:
They`ve now been in the hutch for about an hour and so far so good, they ate their pellets out the same bowl and i definately think poor ted`s worn out just watching her bomb around!!!!!!!! She`s soooooo active, climbing on everything and permanently investigating. Ted gives `it` a try every so often but she doesn`t really seemed bothered.
I`ve just been out to check on them and Ted`s laying with his nose under hers. :D

Fingers crossed all will continue to go well,
Su.x

P.S I can`t believe it, it looks like i`ve had 3 successful bondings in a row! :shock: :D

It sounds like LURVE is in the air :wink: :wink:

Pace yourself Little Ted :shock: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol:

Janex

JCO said:

Janex

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
LURVE is definately in the air but poor little ted just hasn`t got the energy to keep up with an athletic little nethie! :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Su.x

cannonwoman said:
JCO said:

Janex

LURVE is definately in the air but poor little ted just hasn`t got the energy to keep up with an athletic little nethie! :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Su.x

Awwwww, never mind Little Ted.
At least you wont have Newspaper Headlines like John Prescott :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol:

Janex

JCO said:
cannonwoman said:
JCO said:

Janex

Su.x

Awwwww, never mind Little Ted.
At least you wont have Newspaper Headlines like John Prescott :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol:

Janex

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Su.x

Well Little Ted is still `very much in love` if you get what i mean! :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: But there are actually moments now, though short periods only when they do sit side by side and have a quick groom.
Fortunately there`s still no signs of aggression, no fur loss or wounds to be found and they`re both eating normally and Poppet just hops off when she`s had enough of his `amorous` side!
So hopefully this is all good and once Ted EVENTUALLY realises his plums are no longer active he`ll calm down and give Poppet a break!!!! :D

Su.x

that sounds better than Jack and Treacle. For girl didn't get a break all sunday afternoon on monday morning there was fur all over the dining room floor!! Have left them too it as she seems to like him and despite her having to run away from every 5 mins she's started going up to him and giving him a lick or a nose nudge! They even happily ate out of the same food bowl on monday!

Your two sound much more loved up!!

Back