• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Poor Little Leo Has Gone a Bit Ga-Ga..U/D..Vets Today

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
......after his suspected CVA :cry: http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/viewtopic.php?t=21187

He isnt distressed and has stopped wobbling but just seems, well.....'dippy'

We have had lots of help from Tim (Vet) and we dont know how much of Leo's mental faculties will return. At least he appears happy enough in his own brain damaged little world.
He has become very agoraphobic though and does not really venture out from under his little stool in my bedroom. He has his friend William with him so I feel he is coping at the moment.
Brave little Bunny.

Janex

aaaaaw brave little man!. I'm glad he seems happy :D he is indeed a lucky bun to have you. maybe he can't remember too much about being poorly now and is just content to be a little " ga ga," being a bit ga ga is character building! :D

Little Leo is going to see Cristabel this morning.
Although he has improved slightly after his suspected CVA he is not back to normal. Also, his tum has slowed right down. He is on Metoclopromide aswell as all his treatment for EC.
I dont think Leo will ever fully recover :cry: but just want to make sure I am doing everything possible for him.
Poor lad is such a nervy Bun and does not tolerate lots of handling that well :cry:

Janex

Cristabel agrees that Leo has had a CVA :cry:
He has lost the sight in his left eye :cry:
His gut motility is significantly reduced due to the neurological episode so he has to stay on Metoclopromide to try to prevent GI stasis.
He will remain on the Panacur/Baytril/Metacam too and it is just a case of 'wait and see' as to how much Leo will recover.
At least he does not appear to be distressed. He's just a bit, well....'simple' :cry:

Janex

Is it the case, as is often the case with human stroke victims, that he is OK, just looks like no one is at home? :( I'm sorry to hear this after all your travails, this just comes out of the blue. All or friends on RU will help you in whatever way we can, I'm sure.

Adam

LonBun said:
Is it the case, as is often the case with human stroke victims, that he is OK, just looks like no one is at home? :( I'm sorry to hear this after all your travails, this just comes out of the blue. All or friends on RU will help you in whatever way we can, I'm sure.

Adam

Yes, 'no one home' describes Leo well now. Although he is much more 'with it' than he was during the first 24 hours. He has become agoraphobic though and wants to sit under his little chair all day. I hope I am doing the right thing by taking the chair out of his pen for a few hours as he then starts to potter about more. I am thinking that, like with human stroke victims, the level of recovery achieved can be effected by the stimulating therapy they receive in the first few days post CVA?
Also, his gut motility wont improve if he doesnt move about. At least his friend William is being a supportive friend :D

Janex

Back