• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Help found white yucky stuff

looby_lou

New Kit
Was washing my buns bottom tonight as he had a messy bottom (urine) and was a bit smelly, while i was washing i noticed that inbetween his :oops: testes around his (cough) :oops: he has white yucky stuff (discharge like stuff) round there, it also looks very sore. Has anyone seen this before, really need advise... do you think he needs a vet asap or wait til tuesday? :? :(

I would recomend getting to the vets asap. Discharge is never good in buns, regardless of wear it is coming from. I think there is a rabbit syphlis (sp?) so it is possible he has that. It would be best to get him checked out. Sorry i'm not more of a help.

Sounds like he has an infection, either locally around his 'boys bits' or in the bladder/urinary tract itself. He needs to be assessed by a vet ASAP, def b4 Tuesday as left untreated a UTI can make a bunny very poorly.

Also, the white stuff you found MIGHT be sludge from his bladder.
This happens when calcium builds up in the bladder and eventually becomes too thick to pass. Over time stones are formed which can only be removed surgically and can also effect the kidney. Bladder irritation and infection is common with bladder sludge/stones leading to cystitis and incontinence. It is a painful condition :(

The sooner your bun sees a Vet and a diagnosis/treatment is established the better to minimise the risk of a more serious problem developing.

Janex

the rabbit urine is normally fairly "milky" because of the high calcium content in their urine. no worries unless he shows any symptoms.
just be careful not to feed to much veggies that is very rich in calcium ie kale, broccoli, spring greens, spinach. they are ok as long as you feed it sensibly. also not too much pellets..

Could it be his scent glands? Get a couple of cotton buds and wet them - wipe around the discharge very gently - if the cotton buds go into a fold then you know it's his scent glands :) You will also know if it is his glands 'cos they'll stink :shock: so be prepared :shock: :? Usually smells like tom cat pee :shock:

Jaypot said:
Could it be his scent glands? Get a couple of cotton buds and wet them - wipe around the discharge very gently - if the cotton buds go into a fold then you know it's his scent glands :) You will also know if it is his glands 'cos they'll stink :shock: so be prepared :shock: :? Usually smells like tom cat pee :shock:
Yeah thats what i was thinking,and yes it stinks :oops:

oh dear! my two bunsters get kale 3 times a week, brocolli twice a week and spring greens most days :? along with the occasional carrot or half of apple each lots of hay and science selective pellets. Have I got it wrong?

Back