• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Humping Female

sweety

Warren Scout
Hiya

My Pebbles is constantly humping Pepper, he has been neutered but it started off with just jumping on him when I fed them in the morning, like shes persessive when I pet him so I pet her first.

Now its all the time, bless him, he dont care, hes such a dopey rabbit he just sits there. I will have to get her spayed although im not keen on spaying females unless absolutely necessary and for poor peppers sanity I think its now time. Its not cheap either, here its 65 pounds and I know from when I worked at the vets, the risks, and how major it is.

Have to wait a month or so to save the cash up then do it.

I know its popular to spay them to cut the risks of cancer nowdays, although in 30 years, ive never had a female thats got that and they have all lived well into their teens.

Another thing also, when I get Duchess my other female out, I have to remove Pebbles from Pepper because if she sees him looking at Duchess, she then attacks him. Thats one persessive female, sweet really as she loves him.. :lol:

Oh well better go save the cash then..

Sweety

Surely she dosent do it all the time does she?. Its normaly when there very broody but it wears off. Your vet is very pricey but i suppose its one you trust. Animals are like children there always costing you money :lol: . val

Omg, my two female bunnies does the same!

Hi Sweety & Taylor,

Omg, I thought my bunnies are the only ones... It is really weird I have two female dwarf bunnies and few months ago we found started them humping at each other~~!! :oops:

I am certain they are both females because I took them to the vet to get spayed when they were younger and the vet confirmed they are indeed girls. They are about 2 yrs old. My g/f and I would sometimes see them do it and we would try to stop them. We are really not quite sure why they do this and are very perturbed... :oops:

Taylor, you said they do when they're broody but even when they are both females? Strange bunnies....

taylor v 109 said:
Surely she dosent do it all the time does she?. Its normaly when there very broody but it wears off.

Broody or not broody, Sprite did this a lot before she was spayed and still some afterwards until Fey just kept running and Sprite got the hint. A lot of it is about dominance.

Molly used to do this to Piper when they were first introduced (after they were spayed/neutered) to show dominance. Piper hated it and would run out from underneath, round behind her and bite her on the bum. :oops: Molly would then run around like a nutter as if to say "Piper's being mean, he just bit me on the bum without any provocation" :lol:

Now she tries to do it very occasionally. Piper just walks out from underneath and turns round to face her and she stops trying.

My poor Pip gets humped a lot by Polly - quite a bit lately cos new buns arrived - Polly said 'He's mine, hands off. look he's mine!' - poor little sweetheart, he's half her size :roll: But then, he will have enough and chase her off, and, as you say, Ali, Polly will look very hard done by :lol:

My vet is £90 to do a girl, how awful is that!
You're lucky none of your girls got cancer, it is a risk with non breeding does and the percentages are high, if you can afford it, it's not worth risking in honesty and the op is a lot safer than it used to be as they use better anesthetics now.
Also for the sake of your poor boy I;d get her done lol. It may calm down when she's spayed, or it may just be something she does!

I think it may be the time of the year, there seems to be a lot more humping going on in my household at the moment (between the bunnies that is! :oops: )!

Humping is a dominance thing, they're sorting out who's the boss of who. It's best not to stop them and just let them get on with it. The only danger is that the 'humpee' gets really fed up with it and they fight.

hi

Hi again

Yep all the time, I was sat in the garden watching them in the run, and it was every 5 mins, poor pepper he is so laid back and I cant tell hes fed up.

I will def get her done but cant until next month when I get the cash together, he isnt being harmed just humiliated :oops:

Ive been lucky with none of my females, its the sign of the times though, diseases have been going for years, its only because the media broadcasts everything and everyone knows about everything, its like TV Adverts, nothings ever secret nowadys, they advertise everything.

Plus medicine has advanced so theres more research .

If im good this month, maybe able to get her done, its makes me cringe when pepper gets it from her. I have got Duchess also, shes really jealous of her, she just loves pepper bless her, she owns him.

Over possesive women :lol:

sweety

I'm getting Atlantis neuterted next month. I only found out this morning that my little girl is infact a little boy....I still love him. :)

Well, I asked how much it would be and I was quite surprised. £34 pounds. I thought that it was going to be close to £100. I don't really want him to be operated on but at least it's going to be better for him in the long run.

Janna and Atlantis.

Back