• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

a new hutch?

Looks a bit small :? I would go with something a bit bigger, even if they have full access to a run. And you can probably find something bigger and nicer for that same price!

xxx

Maa's in a 4' double and the problem I can see is that the ladder takes up so much useable floor space - Maa can't actually stretch out to sleep anywhere in the hutch, as she has a litter tray at both levels - I would think a 5' double or 5' hutch over run is better for 2 rabbits, although if they had use of the run on front most of the time it would be OK - so long as you could make it secure.

. . although. . it is 25" wide. So that (if I'm not mistaken) is the same square footage as a 5' hutch that is 20" wide - which is what they mostly are (if not 18" :( ).

Funnily enough I was thinking of that one for mine for 2 mini lops..... but was going to get the attached run...
2 problems in my mind .. its a 4 foot and my mini lop loves to stretch out... the second thing is my mum doesnt want something to take up the whole garden... and my bunny hates runs full stop *shes very strange* so I am going to go for a deep double storey 6ft probably. Seeing as they are going to only be in it while I am at work, I think its the all round best idea for bunny * soon to be bunnies* and my mum lol

I've heard that you can get a 6 x 4 shed from was it...B&Q???? for 99. I don't know its not my country or currency so I am just "quoting" what someone has said before in another thread.

ill have a look at some others instead then, im off to B& Q today to buy some garden chairs so ill have a look, cheers x

They used to do a shed for that price, I'm not sure if they do anymore (the bf works there) try homebase etc as a shed would be fantastic for them, you could put lino down on the floor and it's a doddle to clean out, plue there's tonnes of space for extra toys and they last a lot longer than most hutches.

I have that hutch with a run attached and it is big enough for two small-medium sized lops. is is 2 foot deep and i have two litter trays side by side, plus its 2 foot high so they can stand up.

I would only have it is you can have a run permantently attached.

I really like mine, in get alot of free range in the garden too.

for 2 small lops id say the Maisonette (with run) 5ft = 62" x 18" x 36" (60" x 36") would be ok

as long as they get time out of the run aswell

this one:

mason%20r191641.jpg

Back