• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Top 10 bunny names.

rabswood

Wise Old Thumper
The PDSA carried out a survey recently to find out the top ten favourite bunny names in the UK. The charity based the survey on nearly 8000 rabbits treated at their 47 PetAid Hospitals across the country.

Apparently rabbits are now the third most popular pets in the UK.

The number one name revealed in the PDSA poll was Thumper.

Beyond the top spot, the most common stimulation for rabbit names is their colour or appearance, with Fluffy in second place, Snowy in third, plain Rabbit in fourth and Flopsy in fifth place.

In places 6-10, the most popular bunny names are (in descending order) Bunny, Floppy, Fudge, Bugsy, and Daisy.

Rabswood

I have a Daisy! I think the most common anem for Lionheads is Simba. I've rehomed three and they were all called Simba! Plus our Simba on here!

raven_guest said:
I have a Daisy! I think the most common anem for Lionheads is Simba. I've rehomed three and they were all called Simba! Plus our Simba on here!
Our friend has a lionhead called Simba too!

Fey and Sprite were originally called Flopsy and Mopsy. Their owner didn't know which was supposed to be which. I think he had to call his grandkid to ask their names. :roll:

I have a Daisy :lol: .

Other than that, how unoriginal are those names?! :lol: Have some imagination, people!

My sister has a Thumper :lol: .

I used to have a Snowy but that was short for Snowflake....... Other than that I don't have anyone with those names currently :D

I don't have any of those. Our rabbits have 'people' names :D Alfie & Tilly - made worse by the fact tht my colleague's daughter is called TIlly! :?

possibaly because its either kids who name them or the parents who give the rabbit the same name as the one they had when they were a child. :wink:
or the rabbit is a rescue. (i appreciate that its hard trying to come up with 100 imaginative rabbit names so you may be forgiven for naming them all flopsey. :lol: )

maxxev said:
possibaly because its either kids who name them or the parents who give the rabbit the same name as the one they had when they were a child. :wink:
or the rabbit is a rescue. (i appreciate that its hard trying to come up with 100 imaginative rabbit names so you may be forgiven for naming them all flopsey. :lol: )

My fosterers are banned from naming rabbits any of these 'classic' bunny names! If they come in with the name we keep it but woe betide anyone who calls a foster bunny Thumper, Fluffy or Snowy!

hehe Jessica was a Fudge when I adopted her, but I had a ratty called Fudge then so I swapped her to Jessica.... she is such a tart its far more fitting. :lol:

Our pets have human names...Jake(who is now at the bridge) and Bill and Ted.

My mum's buns are called Tiny (he's massive - oh the irony!), Mrs S and Hunnybun.

working in a vets i've heard every name going for all species,some are just mad.cooking fat the cat!! for one so i have a real hard time thinking of
something that one of our 8000+clients hasn't got! not always successful and had one client get a bit stroppy with me like it was my fault when i asked her kittens name then proceeded to tell her i had a cat called myrtle who was about 5 at the time. i chose it because nobody else had it was her curt reply!! she was originally or unoriginally called sox by her crappy previous owners but myr suits her much more. rabbits i've had have been
ashley
disney
cupid-found dumped on valentines day
pepsi-i was a kid!
junior
dibble
bodie
bodizafa
prob another one or two when younger but my memory fails me in my advancing years!! :lol:
too many other pets too list

Back