• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Honey biting my clothes

holder

Alpha Buck
hi just wondered why Honey is biting my dressing grown to bits while i'm still in it, she has nipped me a few times when doing this & boy does it hurt :(
i have not stopped her doing this but wondered if i should i know it may sound silly but i'm not sure if this is normal for a rabbit to keep bitting some thing you are wearing at the time.

My new grandbun Molly does this to me - I try to make sure I have my 'bunny' jacket on whenever I hold her :wink: I think its quite sweet - but it hurts when they nip you :lol:

I wear armour plating when I go near any of my animals :lol:

Maybe she's grooming you - if you wash the dressing gown it might smell different so she may stop? Or maybe she likes the texture if it's towelling or something?

elve said:
I wear armour plating when I go near any of my animals :lol:

Maybe she's grooming you - if you wash the dressing gown it might smell different so she may stop? Or maybe she likes the texture if it's towelling or something?

I HEARD THT THEY SHOWING THEY LOVE YOU, BUT THEY DON REALISE IT HURTS...LOVE NIPS. :)

my rabbit does this and makes so many holes in my clothes, i thought it was because he was cross and he didnt like being handled. im glad im not the only one this happens to.

You are not the only one. I write off my 4th bedsheet already. And it was brand new, and a brand name one at that. She was doing it right in front of me.

She also chewed up one of my shirt and I can't wear that one anymore as there is a hole on it.

I'm thinking if I get bedsheet w/ much higher thread count, perhaps it won't be as easy for her to chew.

I have read that if you shriek "ouch" and pull away when they do it they will learn to nip less hard over time - not sure if it works though as neither of my bunnies bite at all. :?

My dressing gown is more holey than a hmmm dunno what!
She just loves fleece... leave her alone with fleece and she will bunch it up and then flatten it out for hours...
She bites through other clothes to... but the thing is they dont know that there's human flesh under there... she will never bite my flesh if she can see it...but covered in clothes she cant see it...
I just make sure I am wearing nothing flash and continue to let her do it.

Thanks guys, now i know i'm not alone in this :) i have just left her to get on with it, i know she does not mean to nip me has when she has finished ripping my dressing grown apart she starts to lick me :D

Back