• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

not exactly bonded...its all gone belly up..help!

This is the 2nd full day of Trinny being in with the others. They are sort of getting on, provided each has their own space :roll: They spent the night in the shed all together..this morning found Trinny sitting on her own in one hutch and the others all together in the other.......I am hoping that time will get them closer together. They have an odd bit of nipping and fur pulling, but no whirling balls of fur which was what they were like with Taz, so fingers crossed they will get closer.

here's a piccie

grass015.jpg

grass013.jpg

Aww, hope they begin to get closer soon.

By the way, Binky has the same purple tray as the one in the seond picture. :lol: :lol: :lol:

awwwww

when i was bonding 2 pairs the pairs seemed to stay together and seperated them selves from one another and after a while one of them would venture out into the unknown, lol.

I think you have one of those easy make runs (with those coils to keep the runs together - forever slipping!), we have one of them and it has come in essential when we have the foster rabbits temporarily until rehomed, but I split it up so only two rabbits were in it (although even so - its still not everso large at all).
Id never leave a rabbit alone in that kind of run.

Only thing is, you have four rabbits in that space.
I think you might find territoriality may have a large part to play in it!
I have seen our rabbits being territorial about much, much larger spaces - they must be veryso in the wild of course.

It might make life just a bit easier perhaps, if you could find a way of making the run bigger so they don't all get in each others hair so much ? Just a thought.
Although I understand how expensive it can be.

I am planning to lookout for really good quality wire mesh, and just make the next run (fully concealed like our existing mated to our hutch) so we have with the best options for design and cost ....

I could perhaps use in part some of those really useful panels from the run kit although I might prefer something straighter and more permanent/fixed myself and wonder although useful whether those open top easy runs are such a good idea after all!

fuzzybutt said:
It might make life just a bit easier perhaps, if you could find a way of making the run bigger so they don't all get in each others hair so much ? Just a thought.
Although I understand how expensive it can be.

the trouble is this is only a temporary run until we build a big one which I can walk in, and that needs some major excavations over the summer...so I don't want to spend all my cash on temp runs, they did used to have the run of the whole garden, but they dig under the hedge despite all my attempts at bunny proofing...and next door have 2 dogs
(and BTW they are not left in there all the time or without supervision)

fuzzybutt said:
I think you have one of those easy make runs (with those coils to keep the runs together - forever slipping

it is actually several sets put together, and they use stakes which go through into the ground by about 4 inches, they are actually quite stable

Back