• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

3 Free Ads buns - updated with names!

monkeypuzzler

Mama Doe
After the link was posted yesterday for these three bunnies free to a good home in Peterborough, I just knew we had to go and get them and make sure they made it to a good home, couldn't bear the idea of them ending up as snake food.

So, we have three new foster bunnies, and once they've settled in and we've got to know them a bit better, we'll be looking for loving forever homes for them.

I've never rung up an ad like this before, and was shocked by how quick the whole process was. I called the number, and after less than a 90 second conversation with the woman, she had agreed that we could take them and could pick them up right away. No questions about the living situation they'd be going to, or anything about us, she didn't even ask my name.

We hopped straight in the car and headed over. The buns were in 3 foot hutches stacked on top of one another in a shed at the back of the garden, there was no run anywhere and the garden certainly wasn't bunny proof.

One of the girls she described as having been rescued, and said she was pregnant when she arrived, the woman showed me another of the buns in the shed who was one of that litter - he had siamese smoke markings. Apparently, because the first litter was so cute, they decided to breed her again, but "only got plain white ones" :? :evil:

What saddened me was that she is only rehoming three of six rabbits, and I think the others will continue to live as these little darlings were. At least we were able to help some. The trio are now in our back garden in hutches with runs, getting a chance for a bit of exercise. One is still being very shy, and I'm a bit worried about her to be honest.

My only problem now is whether to get them neutered before rehoming, I'd like to, but don't have money for three unexpected ops to hand. Will have to think about that one some more. Would be better if I can get them done, as I am sure they'd be happier bonded together.

Anyway, here they are, the just named buns...

First is a two year old female, seems to be a nethie/lionhead cross
CLAUDIA JANE
nethie1.jpg

This 8 month old boy is her son
COOPER
nethie2.jpg

This girl seems to be a little overweight, and is much more easily stressed than the other two. She's also around 2.
WILLOW
nethie3.jpg

Roo

Do what I'm doing. Friend of mine wants one of free ad buns I picked up, to pair up with her bunny-boy. I'm getting her spayed, she's paying for it! She really wanted the bunny & I told her this was the only way we could do it. Bunny is also booked in for Myxi & VHD, & I won't get the bill :wink:
She lives near me too, so I can still see her :D

Cute buns by the way :D

Sweet - and well done for collecting them - I was tempted to go fetch them myself as I am supposed to be in Peterborough tomorrow.
Where are these little beauties now?

In our garden! :lol: Guessing you mean where in the country though, we're in Sandy in Bedfordshire.

Just got a phone call from my vet asking if I might be able to either board or pet sit one of the client's special needs bunny whilst she's away for a week. Should be a paid job, so any money from that can go towards their ops!

/

well done ..but sadly I think you have just made room for more as there are 2 people from Peterborough who breed and regularly put unwanted stock on free ads.....they do pull at your heartstrings so know why you wanted to help.....it's just upsetting that they will be replaced and the owner will be advertising others in a couple of weeks :(
At least these 3 are safe.

/

bunnylove said:
i can take them Roo if you want and can get them near or put them on briar patch :D

I thought you were full Eve? does this mean some more of your little beauties have found new homes? :D

One thing is that we took the hutches too, so it's not as if they are suddenly left with empty hutches to fill. They are too small to use, but the buns travelled in them, and we'll be taking them down to the tip!

/

that is a very good thing to do....I hope she isn't one of the "2"..let's hope not....I have taken free ad buns and am getting another on Sunday..but do try to avoid breeders rabbits..it's like the reduced buns in a pet shop near me ..I was very tempted to buy them but resisted it as the pen would be re-stocked stright away :(

Re: /

honeybunny said:
well done ..but sadly I think you have just made room for more as there are 2 people from Peterborough who breed and regularly put unwanted stock on free ads.....they do pull at your heartstrings so know why you wanted to help.....it's just upsetting that they will be replaced and the owner will be advertising others in a couple of weeks :(
At least these 3 are safe.

OMG - It's hard to know if you are doing the right thing isn't it? I mean it's obviously better for these 3 individual bunnies, but you're always wondering if long-term it's not a good idea to help. It's like that situation in Huddersfield. If this last litter (now 5-6 weeks old) is the final "accident" then I won't feel bad for helping him, but I'm dead wary. Although it helps that he was willing to donate towards neutering costs.

/

that's great..my little Bertie went yesterday and Lindsey ..now Honey went to Melbun..have Pee wee and Coco..who I am really going to miss...going on Sunday...
I use a fosterer too...she's an absolute star :D
Sorry to have sidetracked your thread Harvester! :oops:

Re: /

honeybunny said:
that's great..my little Bertie went yesterday and Lindsey ..now Honey went to Melbun..have Pee wee and Coco..who I am really going to miss...going on Sunday...
I use a fosterer too...she's an absolute star :D
Sorry to have sidetracked your thread Harvester! :oops:

yer you have been quite lucky with forum members taking quite a few of yours :D

Yep and forum member's Mums! :lol: :lol: The last few that went before this week were all non forum members so it changes around..and some join the forum after adopting ..once they've been told about it! :D

I do tend to think the reasons for rehoming were genuine in this case, as it was said to be due to ill health and the fact that the owners were moving. The woman was disabled, and the house for sale. I just think it was a lucky escape for these buns, as the conditions were very poor. :cry:

Thanks for the offer Eve, I'm not going to move them at all for the moment, as they've had enough upheaval for one week! Will bear the idea in mind though, and even if they stay here whilst looking for homes, perhaps I could pop their details on your website?

If the map on Free ads is correct then it is definitely not the breeder in Peterborough that I have been to (always advertises surplus stock on free-ads) - was the first thing I checked.

Encouraging to know it's not that P'boro breeder.

This evening we've finally settled on names for them, they are now called Claudia Jane (or CJ for short), Cooper and Willow. :D

Back