• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I think I've found a shed, questions.

Its made out of cedar with a treated pine frame. If I lined the inside with plywood or something similar really well could I get away with it????? Its really really cheap and its 3m by 1.8m!!!!!! If i paint it? Seal it?? HELP! I need advise!

I've done searches and Ican't find any information for what I'm looking for. The only information regarding cedar is you shouldn't feed the twigs to your buns and pretty much nothing about treated pine.

Hubby made all my hutches out of treated pine, it`s one of the most common woods over here and doesn`t contain the nasty oils and stuff that some other woods can.
I don`t really know about cedar, but will ask hubby when he gets in as he`s got qualifications coming out of his ears with regards to woodwork etc,... so he should know. :wink:

Su.x

Right apparently cedar wood isn`t an oily wood but has quite a strong smell, sort of peppery. Apparently people can have allergic reactions to it due to the quite strong smell, but this is in extreme cases. If you lined the shed with plywood, which is generally a mixture of lots of different woods, so the bunnies can`t actually come into contact with the cedar and chew it you should be alright.

Hope this helps,
Su.x

Back