• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Good vibes for Stumpy!!*urgent advice please*

Ryo_the_rat

Warren Scout
Stumpy is finally being snipped tomorrow!! i have wanted to get him done since i got him, but one thing or another has stopped us. nothing stopping us now! :shock: just wanted to ask for good vibes for him! i know everything will be fine as i have a wonderful vet, but it doesnt stop me worrying :oops: i cant wait until he calms down and gives his bunny teddy a rest :lol: and eventually i will be needing bonding tips as my Gabriel is still lonely and longing a friend-lets hope Stumpy is it! :D

heres some piccies of the wee man-hes just so cute! :love:

100_6028.jpg

100_6021.jpg

100_6608.jpg

Sending bucket loads of positive vibes for the everso handsome Stumpy! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:
Glad to hear he`s getting on so well.

Please give him BIG hugs from me,
Su.x

i will do Su. unfortunately im quite worried about him :(

the vet said everything went absolutely fine but hes been home since 4.30pm and still hasnt pooped/ate and as far as i can tell he hasnt had a drink :( ive tried offering him some food and even some treats but he wont take anything :( he has done a couple of wees though. is this serious? should i be as worried as i am? i remember when Gabriel was snipped he was absolutely fine and storming around his cage and eating happily the same night. could it just be that hes tierd?

please any advice is extremely welcome :(

Sophie was the same after her spay! I took her back and forth to the vets - which IMO stressed her out even more!

Might be worth you getting some organic baby food in a jar to get something in the tum to keep it moving. Weeing is a good sign though.

Might be worth you doing a search on RU, you'll find loads of good advice!

Good luck xxx

Some buns take a bit longer to bounce back.
Try tempting him with yummy foods (though I'd stick to stuff he's had before so you don't upset his tummy), and try handfeeding it to him as this might encourage him.
If not, it might be worth using some Recovery food/Critical care, or if you don't have any, soaked pellets in cooled boiled water and syringe feeding him to get his gut going.

Ahhh, such a sweet bunny. Pepper took a good 12 hours or so to start eating after her spay. For ages she just sat in her litter tray and looked miserable! It is SO stressful. Hope everythings fine - I'm sure it will be.

Has he got a bowl of water instead of (or as well as) a bottle, they seem to prefer to drink from a bowl after the op. Maybe he was done later on in the day, which is why he seems a bit more dozy than you have seen before. Easier said than done I know, but try not to panic just yet!

thankyou for your replies guys thats made me feel a bit better. unfortunately i havnt got any recovery/critical care so it would have to be softened science selective i try. he has now had a little drink thankfully. i do have a little jar of organic baby food here but it is creamy breakfast cereal-im guessing thats no good?

we did pick him up earlier then we were supposed to(had to rush one of the rats up there) so i suppose it could be that. he keeps getting a little lively and running around his cage and then getting sleepy again. hes showed a little interest in his food but he just keeps rubbing his chin on it!

if the baby food is no good then i will go soften some food for him and try syringing that.

I'd stick with the pellets then and softening them.

He may still be coming around then, I'd give him a little while before I get too worried, esp if he is drinking, thats a good sign! :D

Aliandbuns said:
Aww - what a little cutie - good luck for the op little man. :thumb:

hehe, he had his op today! but thanks for that :p

and thanks loopylop-will go soften some food for him now then. cant help getting worried though-im a self confessed worry wort!! :oops: :lol: and i swear these animals are going to send me to an early grave :shock: :lol:

Ryo_the_rat said:
and thanks loopylop-will go soften some food for him now then. cant help getting worried though-im a self confessed worry wort!! :oops: :lol: and i swear these animals are going to send me to an early grave :shock: :lol:

Oh definately! I'm a fine one to talk, I took Sophie back and forth to the vets 3x after her spay! :lol:

My vet suggested putting a little crumbled digestive biscuit in some milk. Pepper was not impressed though. .
:shock: I'm sorry but I think that's apalling advice!! Milk is extremely bad for bunnies, so add to that some refined sugars and that's more likely to make a bunny sick than better :shock:

AlisonA said:
My vet suggested putting a little crumbled digestive biscuit in some milk. Pepper was not impressed though. .
:shock: I'm sorry but I think that's apalling advice!! Milk is extremely bad for bunnies, so add to that some refined sugars and that's more likely to make a bunny sick than better :shock:

They did say only a little bit, just to get her eating. It was on a printed handout they gave me. Just as well she didn't eat it then, eh?!

right have just finished syringe feeding Stumpy some softened science selective-and im happy to say it went well!! he wasnt happy at first but then he started taking it off me :D he had atleast 10mls of it, id probably say quite a bit more! he still wouldnt take any solid stuff from us but by the time id finished he was destroying the newspaper in his cage so he cant be feeling too bad :lol:

hopefully this will get his gut working now!! anyone know how long it should be before he does poops now? just to keep an eye on things!

oh the things we do for our furry families :lol: :love:

Good luck with your little buddy. Our most recent addition seemed to come back well but I think they are always groggy any uncomfortable for the 1st day, who can blame em. However now, I don't really know if you could notice much diffence hardly, except the really skunky smell seems to have gone !!

If you don't see some progress by 24 hours I would take it as routine just to pop in the vets just to have it clarified, they ought to be more than ok about this,

Awwwwww i`m sorry Stumpy`s taking a little time to recover, but hope fully now you`re getting some food in him by syringe feeding the pooing should start happening. Have you got any pro-biotics or avipro as i use this on most of my poorly or post op buns and personally swear by it, don`t worry if you haven`t, just keep doing what you`re doing. But if he hasn`t pooped within 24hrs i`d take him to the vets, just incase he`s in pain and they`ll be able to give him a gut stimulant aswell.

Sending bucket loads of healing vibes,
Su.xx

Have you tried herbs or dandeluion leaves? They were the only things Pepper wanted to eat to start with. Pellets were the last thing she got back into.

Back