• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Chinese Bunny at Ebony Eyes

rufus

Just seen the picture- he looks so like my Bertha !!!!!!
I.m sure he has fallen on his feet-so to say- at Ebony Eyes he will be waited on hand and 2 feet ! that is to say 4 feet if jay and john are helping together???/
How did he get over here- by plane ? I presume and how did the flight affect him do we know? I would be interested in learning more if possible?
I wonder how he was picked out from all the unfortunate ones at the 'meat market'?
How could you pick just one- waht a brave lady to bring him over here?

rufus

Just seen the picture- he looks so like my Bertha !!!!!!
I.m sure he has fallen on his feet-so to say- at Ebony Eyes he will be waited on hand and 2 feet ! that is to say 4 feet if jay and john are helping together???/
How did he get over here- by plane ? I presume and how did the flight affect him do we know? I would be interested in learning more if possible?
I wonder how he was picked out from all the unfortunate ones at the 'meat market'?
How could you pick just one- waht a brave lady to bring him over here?

:lol:

I love this photo:
rufus-p2090726-2.jpg

He's so very handsome and has such wonderful ears! He'll come in really handy with the BIB's, they're always looking for translators too :wink:

Thank god for kind people....its a living hell over there for animals in those markets/make-shift slaughterhouses.

He has got to be one of the luckiest rabbits from there.

I wonder if his slipped discs were due to the manhandling at the meat market as they are handled purely as commodities & slung around as if they were already 'gone'.

Well done to Jay & John :D

BTW just a general note to anyone with cats.....please don't buy the 'furry type cat mouse toys, etc, as i have noticed there are an abundance of rabbit fur cat toys on the market over here, all 'made in China'.

If you buy these toys you are encouraging the widespread slaughter & ill-treatment of rabbits like Rufus to make cat toys, amongst other things. These rabbits are skinned alive.

I find that Mayfield (Batleys own brand) are the main ones selling these mass-produced real fur 'toys'. I know that because i run a cattery which has on occasion been supplied by Batleys, although we would never buy these toys. I am boycotting them as a supplier until it stops.

(sorry if that upsets anyone)

It woulld appear that the fake fur market has collapsed. Rabbit fur from China is far cheaper. Labelling regulations on these products are either inadequate or being ignored.

Adam

Rufus is doing really well - will post piccies later :D
He has a BIB name now - wait for it ............................

Agent Chopsticks :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:D Welcome Agent Chopsticks :!:

He must be a very much loved bun as quarantine for 6 months is not cheap. Happy ending :D

Aaaawwwwww Rufus is gorgeous :love: What a lovely bunny tale, and we are so pleased to hear he has settled in so well at Ebony Eyes :D
Please give Rufus a snuggle from us.
Love Adele XX

Jay,

Thats great, you are so good with these spinal injury buns (in fact any bun with any problem). Of course BIB will have a real martial arts bun when he's better!

Do you know more about the job of getting him over here and the quarantine? You have had an American Bunny. We need an Asian and an African bunny now.

He has a lovely long face; no teeth problems there I hope. :D Is it warm enough for Chubby to go outside yet?

Adam

bunnyhuggger said:
:lol:

I love this photo:
rufus-p2090726-2.jpg

He's so very handsome and has such wonderful ears! He'll come in really handy with the BIB's, they're always looking for translators too :wink:

:love: :love: :love:

Well done yet again Jay and John, this bun is incredibly lucky, he is gorgeous... Hope he is really happy at Ebony eyes :D

Just to let you all know my Brother Rufus has settled in fine here :D and here he is 8)

rufus27April06030.jpg

their is also a video of Rufus on our website 8) and here is the link :D

http://tinyurl.com/pzenq[/img]

Back