• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

after spaying - no poops for 1 day!!!!

hi all

my buns got neutered yesterday. tribble the male is fine, but the girls aren't.

ive not seen them eat yet and i havent seen any pooh's - what should i do.

syringe feed them? i have infactol and pineapple juice if that will do any thing.

ive tried all sorts of herbs and carrots etc etc and nothing :( they seem ok in themselves, i.e. not in any pain, they are both a bit quiet tho

If its been a day, take them to the vet, bunnies can hide pain very well, they may need some painkiller, you need to get them eating soon

You need to contact your Vet TONIGHT.
If the girls have not eaten or pooped 24 hours after a GA/spay they will need more pain relief and a gut motility stimulant.

Janex

Hope they are OK soon - best get them to a vets before the bank holiday weekend! I would syringe feed them if you're sure they've had nothing - they will be dehydrated as well, if not drinking, so ask the vet to give them fluids too. It's important to get their guts working as rabbits are prone to adhesions of the guts after an op like this - the normal action of the guts breaks up the adhesions before they set hard, so really they need a vet tonight I'd say, for a gut stimulant and painkillers, and fluids.

thanks for advice but panic over.

they both had parsley and corrindar, and ive seen both their poops. they really started to worry me there.

as they've started eating they should be coming round to normality, so fingers crossed in the morning they should be 'nearly' there :D

yaaay - they knew we were talking about them :shock: How about drinking? If they are sore you can hold the bottle to their mouth, or is it in a dish?

one has a bottle and the other a dish. chloe has the dish and shes ok, but sassi never drinks a lot any way and i hardly ever see her drinking.

do you think i should syringe some just to be on the safe side?? she seems perfectly happy and a lot more 'nosey' than she was earlier - i even got a bunny lick on my nose :love:

Back