• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

fly proofing my bunny shed

bunnies

Alpha Buck
As I have a rabbit with rear leg problems and when its bad she urinates on her back leg i`m thinking of the warmer weather.

I want to put fly sheets over the windows, door and run to keep the flies at bay.

Here is the building in question

beebie.jpg

I have been on ebay and their fly screens on their, anyone have any suggestions.

I asked a similar question and someone suggested using net curtains, which has worked really well.

Great idea with the nets, i have been looking myself for fly screen has honey is going into her new home when its all finished it looks similar to yours bunnies, i will start looking for some good net. :) has i am worried has some times her legs are wet.

If you dont mind the colour green :lol: then most garden centers to a green mesh that works well as the holes are two small for flys to get in. val

hi

yeah net curtains work just as well or a strong fly mesh. i have mesh over the top of my stable door so the little devils cant get in.

is there room for a UV light fly trap? i have one of those and they work wonders, they're about 40-60 pounds tho. although mine is in a shed not a hutch so i dont know if you wil have room, but i think u can buy small-ish ones.

Back