• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

urgent help please

deb

Young Bun
I have finally managed to get one of my neutered males back with his mum (speyed) and they have been getting on great, checked on them this morn and she was grooming him, just checked again and she's still grooming him so i watched for a while and shes licking and pulling out fur so much so he has a small bold patch on top of his head i dont want to seperate them as aprt from this thinks are going well. Advice please :?

I've heard if they have lots of fresh hay in a litter box this reduces this kind of behaviour - does she like hay much?

how much room have they got? What's the boy think of being plucked?

I used to cringe when Zinniea groomed her family - she was such a fanatical ear licker they used to have little bites inside their ears which looked really sore - but she stopped eventually, so maybe it's a stress thing with them being in a new situation together?

They have lots of room and the male doent seem to mind, but the bold area is looking a bit sore.

well I would just leave them to it and hope she calms down as she gets more used to the situation then - unless he starts to object. The thing is, she's now in a habit, and that needs breaking - maybe if you put some vaseline on it? I don't see how that could hurt her? Zinniea just stopped when she got settled more - hopefully it will resolve itself when she feels more at home with him.

Think i'll try putting vasealine on it as you said the trouble is he now has a bold patch on top of his head the size of a 10p and a small patch above one eye and the skin is looking abit red.He's going thought a big moult at the moment as well, brushing out big hand fulls of fur so hes looking very unkept. :(

Back