• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Toys for incisorless buns......?

Nicola3

Mama Doe
Hello everyone :D ,

One of my bunnies doesn't have any incisors.

I've noticed that the other rabbits are able to pick and throw their toys about but Harv has difficulty with them.

Are there any toys that are particularly good for toothless bunnies?

Love and hugs,

Nic and bunnies xxx[/b]

You could try anything soft like a face cloth or a towel, some buns like to 'organise' them, try it and see. Our Smudge loved his face cloth, there's a video of him with it on his head on our website.

Squidgy loves his treat ball,and hiding under things, so he has a few 'dens' around the house.

or anything to climb in and out of..a cardboard box with holes cut in the sides....
..or something to push around with his nose....cardboard tubes filled with hay or the larger soft,straw toys for buns.......or a small teddy or similar (take off any loose ribbons)....

Hello,

He loves his cat box. I put the cat box without door, in the room and then put a fluffy bed inside and he spends ages inside the box burrowing, kicking with his back legs and nudging the fluffy bed out of the box. It's so funny.

The rabbit toys, such as balls and throw-toys he can't pick up so he walks off in a sulk and it makes me feel awful as he can't play with them.

I will try a small teddy bear and see what he thinks of that. He's quite fond of towels.

Mostly things he can have a scramble or a burrow with as he doesn't have his front teeth.

If you have any more ideas please let me know.

Hugs,

Nic and Harv xxx

my two don't use their teeth on their treatball so that would work if he has pellets. A big digging box might be fine stuffed with paper/hay or soil :)

Tam

Could you hang something with a bell in it up for him to nudge? I have a piggie who ring the bell on a bird toy when he thinks he should have his bowl topped up or when the bottle has run out of water.

Back