• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My new hutch, with pics!!!!!

peediepixie

Mama Doe
Finally its finished and in place. honest opinions please. I know there is no 'window' as such but I might get OH to put one in. The reason there isn't one is it gets really really windy where we are and its very exposed up here. The wood shavings and straw etc were flying as I was putting them in! :lol:

Front view
DSCF0840.jpg

and again
DSCF0839.jpg

with lid open
DSCF0838.jpg

my little door to get in and out
DSCF0841.jpg

inside the door
DSCF0835.jpg

just inside the door a bit more
DSCF0836.jpg

and finally, the bedroom
DSCF0837.jpg

I am so pleased with it. And all for £30 meal vpucher to my Dad for building it and the cost of the wire for the run! The dimensions are 2ft deepx 2 1/2 feet deep at least depthx 5ft wide. The run is 5 widex 6 long x just over 2 1/2 high. I also have a PWS run which I'll set up and open the wee door so they can run in and out when I'm able to watch them too. Need to block the little gap under the base first. And they'll get into the kitchen for play as well.
So... whadda ya think???? :lol:
[/img]

That looks brilliant! Lucky bunnies.
I do the same with the PWS run - gives them a chance to have a run on the grass and a nibble of it ith destroying it totally :roll: :D

If we ever have occassion to shade it ( :roll: ) I have a tarpaulin I can fix over it. We've got cup hooks strategically placed to hook it on :D That will cover it for rain or I'll pull it back more and have a shaded area for if there's ever any sun which at the mo is looking unlikely. Its beena bout 3 years since we had a summer here, not joking :(

Back