• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Fixed rabbit... babies...help?

We had one liter with our two rabbits. They were all just pet rabbits, an accident breeding. We took our male in to get fixed and he came back home and when the babies left they were put back together again. It has been about a month since then. This morning she was making a nest, she bought liter, brought her inside and got a temp. nest box and we will try to make one tomarrow. I can't believe she would be pregnant, but I don't think she would make a nest for anyother reason. The nest is all her hair and she has been sitting on it all night. Incase she is I need to a little reminder on everything.

Whats the best bedding thats safe and the easiest to clean?

Can she have some timothy, or only hay?

I can't think of anything else, any tips on a good safe birth?

Thanks

If she hasn't been fixed, she will convince herself she is pregnant, just by being in with a boy. It's just the time of year. I'd say be cautious just in case she is pregnant, but don't be surprised if she isn't as if she isn't fixed, her body will tell her she is.

Hopefully it is just a phantom pregnancy, but depending on how long it was after the lads op she might really be pregnant :? If it was sooner than three weeks there is a good chance she is, if less than 6 weeks there is a slight chance she is. Less than a week or two and she almost certainly is.

Timothy is hay, just rather expensive extra nutricious hay.

Hay makes the best bedding, but Timothy is too expensive for that so just ordinary meadow hay will do. You can put it on top of newspaper or shavings or megazorb to make a nice absorbant bed. Straw is not suitable as it is very sharp and is not nutricious if they eat it.

If it is a phantom pregnancy getting her speyed will prevent it from happening repeatedly. It really stresses some does quite badly to keep having them. They are also at risk of developing uterine cancer when not speyed.

Back