• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

blue flowers - Forget-me-nots

Diddeen

Wise Old Thumper
Hi
Ive had my two in my parents garden again but this time they seemed more confident and i turned round to find Nala with a mouth full of some little blue flowers.. i think they are forget-me-nots possibly.. i'll try get a photo of them tomorrow, but basically i wondered if anyone knows if they are safe or not.. i couldnt find them on safe lists or poisonous lists. :?

Lobelia are also little blue flowers (often more purply) and they are poisonous - a skin irritant I think. Mind you having said that, I had a bunny that ate an entire flower bed full of lobelia once, to no ill effect :roll: not that I'd suggest it of course!

bunnyhuggger said:
were they low ground-hugging and growing in the grass, or were they about 8 to 12 inches tall?
They are in the flower beds not in the grass... i'll have to ask my mum if she knows what they are or i'll get a photo if not. In the mean time i'll keep stopping her from eating them

Here are the flowers they both now appear to like!! Had to keep chasing them away from them today.. until i know if they are safe or not. Mum said they are forget-me-nots. Any ideas if they are safe for bunny tummys?
flowers.jpg

Back