• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My hutch bunnies

SOAD

Wise Old Thumper
They've not all uploaded sucessfully so I'll had some more in a bit. I've taken soem piccies of my outdoor bunnies, I've ten in the garden. Not all are out, lazy gits they're as bad as me.

My garden, ignore the rubbish :oops:

Pic535.jpg

Pippin and Buster

Pic538.jpg

Pic537.jpg

Kovu, George, Zippy and Scooby, one of them are in their run :roll: (their run is open BTW) so picky of them being bone lazy.

Pic554.jpg

Pic539.jpg

Pic549.jpg

Bramble and Thistle

Pic545.jpg

Pic541.jpg

Ozzy and Sharon

Pic543.jpg

Pic546.jpg

and a piccie of Holly and me, excuse my messy hair and no make up I'm in dossing mode today

Pic555.jpg

I will get the house buns in a bit, but I want to hoover my carpets first, before I stick them on the www :lol:

ps I did use to have some grass :oops: .

Wow! Tree, that is A LOT of bunnies!!! Good job you have a lot of energy, nec for cleaning them all out, blimey :shock: They are all lovely :love:
Nicola x

:shock: When I was last there you only had 2 hutches I think :shock: :shock: :lol:

Awww, they all look really happy!! :D

Don't envy you cleaning all them out though! :shock: :? :lol:

The hutches are a nightmare to clean, takes about six hours and there are spiders in them :shock: :shock: :shock: :lol:

Holly is a proper cuddley bunny she loves her fuss, the other buns aren't that bothered by their cuddles, but she loves them. I need to bond her with one of the groups really, but it means she wont be all mine then :cry:

I've another four bunnies, Beatrix, Bob, Marley and Maisie, but I've not put their pictures up. I love my bunnies I do :love: :lol:

I love that set-up, and the gorgeous bunnies :D - but do you have to climb in the run to clean the hutches? Are they just on mud? (says me thinking of that large, unused area at the bottom of my garden :p )

elve said:
I love that set-up, and the gorgeous bunnies :D - but do you have to climb in the run to clean the hutches? Are they just on mud? (says me thinking of that large, unused area at the bottom of my garden :p )

awww thanks, I drag the runs out the way to clean the hutches, the hutches are on just loads of 12inch square granite kitchen floor tyles, I bought load of packs from B&Q for a bout £6 a pack, they were on special offer, the runs were on grass originaly, but it has turned into mub. I've had to put some slabs in Kovu's run, because he is an escape artist. I just get on the runs to feed them :lol:

Great set-up Tree - I have something similar but have to get in the run to clean the hutches - not a prob but the occupants tend to get under your feet :roll: :lol:

In the whole time I've been on here I've been looking for pics of banks of cages. I was epecting rescues to post pics of huge set ups like that but I've never seen any. Did you make them?

I'm a bit fanatical about my buns,I didn't make them I'm useless like that.

Once I decided what I wanted I was going to ring round the local colleges to find someone studying carpentry who could do with the extra money to make them. Anyway I bought a bargain pages (it's like a second hand stuff newspaper) and in there was a out of work carpenter. I gave him a call and he was up for it. I went to visit him the next day (him and is wife are lovely btw), I took a load of books of what I wanted.

I wanted two storeys so I could put toys in the bottom and living area up the top, but I wanted a separate run. The runs attach to the front and they are useless without the hutches as they have a entrance so the rabbits can come out of their hutch and walk straight into their runs. I have a panel for the hutch to close them off at night and secure the hutches. With so many buns it would take me forever picking them up and putting them in separate runs. This way as soon as Bryn gets in from work the hutches are open and they can please themselves if they go into their runs or not, they're shut back up when we go to bed.

We do have a separate area with a much larger run to the left of the garden, you can't see it in the picture, which we put them in too. The house bunnies use that as well, it has to be constantly supervised in that run though as there is no top to it, so not secure. We're looking at doing something different this year though.

Back